Chapter 20

(Future)

Redpaw finally got his warrior name. He was now known as Redspots. His friends were also now known as Moonrush, Darkclaw, Nightstorm. Dawnpaw was given a warrior name, but since she never got to have an assessment, she would never become a warrior and would be a queen for the rest of her life until she joined the elders den. She was now known as Dawncloud.

Speaking of Nightstorm, since they had time before their vigil, "Well Nightstorm, what are you going now that you are a warrior that is a father and not an apprentice that is a father?" Redspots teased.

"Well I will definitely spend more time with Dawncloud and my little boy, Firekit!" Nightstorm responded.

Redspots purred at his friend. He would make a great father for that kid! Redspots thought.

After Dewdrop's death, Silentstar appointed Lightstream as the new deputy. Speaking of Lightstream, "You four ready for your vigil?"

The four new warriors nodded their heads. Something that bothered Redspots was where he had the side of neck get cut open.

Twigbranch, Darkclaw's former mentor, Sorrelstripe, Nightstorm's former mentor, and Strikeclaw, Moonrush's former mentor, looked at the three warriors with pride. As per usual, Dovefeather gave Redspots a look of hatred before leaving to the Warrior's Den. Sucks for her that I will be joining her shortly, Redspots mused.

"C'mon Redspots! We start our vigil in like three minutes!" Moonrush called out.

"Coming!" Redspots called back.

Unbeknownst to Redspots, someone was watching him. Silentstar quietly sat on the highrock looking down on the red tortoiseshell tom.

~^~

Darkclaw sat at the entrance of camp watching for anything. After recent events, nobody knew when Shadowclan would attack again. The sad part about the whole situation was that ShadowClan had a low amount of warriors, but still managed to kill Dewdrop before they were defeated.

Darkclaw had to be prepared for anything. No one knew what would happen next. It was the first time in moons since any ShadowClan cat had attacked the Thunderclan camp. It hasn't happened since the Shadowclan/Riverclan occupation of Thunderclan's territory. Darkclaw shuddered at the thought.

Darkclaw looked at his right. Moonrush and Nightstorm were looking around nervously. Darkclaw looked to his left and saw Redspots slowly moving his head to inspect his surroundings. Also cause Darkclaw knew that Redspots neck was still a concern according to Flowerfur and Briartail and they had told the red tortoiseshell not to move his head drastically.

Darkclaw looked up again and noticed that the sun was beginning to rise. It was only a matter of time before they would end their vigil

Once their vigil was done, the four former apprentices entered the camp and were met with Lightstream and and Silentstar, "I see you all are done with your vigil. Go get a piece of prey, then get some sleep." Lightstream mewed.

Darkclaw and the others nodded at the new deputy and went to the fresh-kill pile.

"And you know you can now speak right?" Lightstream yelled.

Redspots responded, "Naw! I completely forgot! I just heard prey and sleep and then nodded my head!"

Lightstream laughed, "You know there are just some things you shouldn't admit!"

Redspots smirked, "It seems I didn't get in trouble. Looks like we got a fun and good deputy on our paws!"

Everyone just smiled. Even though the death of Dewdrop hurt, especially since he was deputy for a short amount time, Lightstream would make a great deputy, and everyone knew that.