three

Voices

☽ Voices

➳➳➳➳➳

"I DON'T KNOW, Lydia. I just remember cleaning the house, getting ready for bed and going into bed and falling asleep. The next thing I know is...I'm in the middle of the woods. Alone." I explain the previous nights events. I had a feeling that I shouldn't mention the creepy creature that stalked me, as she would probably call me crazy and say it was all a dream.

"I know you're a sleep walker, but I didn't know it was that severe." Lydia says.

"Should we tell Natalie?" I ask. Lydia let's out a sigh and she shakes her head.

"I wouldn't tell her. Not until it gets worse." Lydia says. I furrow my brows and stared at her.

"Uh, Lydia. It's already gotten worse. Yeah, it's one thing if I'm sleepwalking around the house. But the woods?"

"Look, Mom already has a lot on her plate. The divorce? We don't need to add your severity of sleepwalking to the list." She says.

"If it avoids me getting hurt, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." I suggest.

"Just...don't eat cheese, chocolate or anything before you go to bed." Lydia suggests. I frown at the sudden tip. I know how smart Lydia is, and I know when Lydia is being a complete idiot and a fake around Jackson. Yeah, Lydia is very smart, like, smart. But when she's around Jackson, she acts totally clueless. It's annoying.

"What? I read." Lydia nods. We get to our lockers and exchange the books for the appropriate class- math. Two lacrosse players pass by and I couldn't help but tune in their conversation.

"I don't know. He's not playing the game tomorrow."

"McCall? He's good. Maybe even the greatest, we need McCall tomorrow." Danny says. The players pass by and I turn to Lydia.

"Lydia. Scott McCall. Allison's...boyfriend...he's not playing the game tomorrow." I say.

"Yes, he is." Lydia frowns.

"He's not. Danny just said he isn't playing." I argue. Lydia scoffs and slams her locker door. We walk into math class and take our seats. The teacher begins class and he volunteers three students, me, Lydia and Scott.

Lydia and I stood next to Scott as we solved the presented equations on the blackboard. I stood frozen with the chalk marker in my hand, staring at the equation. I found myself breathing heavy, trying to figure out how to solve the damn thing. I was on the verge of an anxiety attack when I hear Lydia's voice, completely distracting me.

"Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?" Lydia asks Scott.

"'Cause I'm sort of not." Scott says.

"I think you sort of are." Lydia snarks. "Especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him." She frowns.

"He brutally injured himself by ramming into me." Scott argues.