fifty seven

Voices

Voices

Season 3 Part 2
➳➳➳➳➳
The grip I held on the umbrella never let up. The rain poured softly as the priest spoke comforting words about Sully. Diane and his sister sobbed just a few chairs down me. I stared blankly at the casket. I could hear a few sobs behind me, followed by whispers of people comforting each other.

I felt a hand slipping in mines and I look at my left, seeing Lydia lightly smiling at me. I pull my attention away from her and back at the large casket in front of me. I've cried the past couple of days. The day has come for Sully's funeral and not a single tear. I felt lost. Trapped in the silence. I haven't spoken to anyone since that night. As much as I was grateful that Stiles made it out alive, I still felt horrible of the outcome. I lost two of the people I cared the most. One of my best friends, and now a brother. I barely had any time to grieve over Allison, no one really did. But I feel an extra weight of grief. My best friend and my brother. I loved Sully like I've known him my entire life. It felt like I had. And not once did I bother to tell him how I really felt. All of this is just weighing down on me.

As Lydia and I walk away from the service, I hear my name getting called. I turn around and meet eyes with Diane, holding her daughters hand in hers tightly.

"I'm so sorry about everything, Lea. I really am. About everything." Diane sighs. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Everything? What...I don't understand." I utter.

"If it weren't for me...oh, I knew your father was already in a relationship, I knew he was married with a child. But I was selfish back then. I was lonely and I just felt something when I was with your dad. But I should've backed off. I think...with all this, I think this is what I get for breaking up a marriage." She says.

"Diane..." I shake my head at her. "because of you, Sully wouldn't have been born."

"And he wouldn't have died." She cries. I inhale deeply and glance at Lydia.

"Um...before Sully, uh...he asked me to tell you something. Tell you both something."

"What? What is it?" She asks, grabbing my hands.

"He wanted me to tell you," I look down at his sister. "that he loved you so much. He didn't want you being sad for too long." I smile at her. She looks up to me through her teary eyes. I pull away and look back at Diane. "And he wanted me to tell you thank you. Thank you for everything that you've done for him. He said he couldn't have asked for a better mom." I say. Diane sobs and hugs her daughter. I slowly shut my eyes and took that moment to pull away from the grieving family. Lydia held tight of my hand as we made it back into my jeep.

➳➳➳➳➳
"I wish I could say something to him. I wish I could say something to all of them." Kira says, her eyes shifting to me. Kira, Lydia and I stood by the wall of lockers, watching Lydia exchange out some books. "Especially you, Lea. But I don't know how much space or how much time I'm supposed to give them. And I know I'm still just the new girl at school." I shift my eyes to the side when I see a familiar face walking by as Coach guided the student around. It's Malia.