thirty seven

Voices

Season 3 Part 1

Season 3 Part 1

"There's no hope." Scott says breathlessly.

"What do you mean, Scott? There's always hope." Allison softly chuckles.

"Not for me. Not for Derek." Scott shakes his head.

"Derek wasn't your fault. You know Derek wasn't your fault." Allison reassured him.

"Every time I try to fight back, it just gets worse." Scott shivers. "People keep getting hurt. People keep getting killed." Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Stiles slowly stepping closer to Scott.

"Scott, listen to me, okay? This isn't you, alright? This is someone inside of your head telling you to do this. Okay? Now-"

"What if it isn't? What if it is just me?" Scott asks. "What if doing this is actually the best thing that I could do for everyone else? It all started that night, the night I got bitten. You remember the way it was all before that? You and me, we were...we were...we were nothing. We weren't popular. We weren't good at lacrosse. We weren't important. We were no one. Maybe I should just be no one again. No one at all."

"Scott, just listen to me, okay? You're not no one. Okay? You're someone, you're...Scott, you're my best friend. Okay? And I need you. Scott, you're my brother. Alright, so..." It took me by surprise when Stiles steps into the gasoline puddle with Scott, reaching his hands out. "so if you're gonna do this, then...I think you're just gonna have to take me with you, alright?" Stiles placed his hands on top of Scott's, pulling the burning flare from his hands and tossing it to the side. A wave of relief washes over everyone as Scott's stares into Stiles' eyes breathing heavily. My hair suddenly pushes into my face and I feel the cold wind running down my spine. I turn my eyes away from the boys and see the flare rolling into the puddle of gasoline.

"No!" I scream. I run forward and push Scott and Stiles out of the puddle and we all fall to the ground. Heat washes over my body and I turn back to see the flames burning high in the air. The faint sounds of screams and hissing locks me into the flames and I see a human figure appearing into the flames. I stare harder and longer until I see a woman with no hair and a scratched, disfigured face staring back at me. Soon, the flames and bright light die down and we're surrounded by darkness again.

"I don't wanna know." I open my eyes and see the sun shining bright through the bus windows and Coach standing at the opening of the bus. "I really don't wanna know!" He raises his voice. "In case you missed the announcement, the meet's been cancelled, so we're going home. Pack it in. Pack it in!" I lift my head up and look up at Stiles, realizing my head fell onto his shoulder. We both let out exhausted yawn's and stretches as we see Ethan place himself in front of Scott.

"I don't know what happened last night, but I'm pretty sure you saved my life." Ethan begins.

"Actually, I saved your life, but not that it matters much. It's just..." Stiles turns around and sees all of us staring at him, signaling him that it wasn't really important as to who saved who's life last night, we just wanted to know what Ethan has to say. "It's minor detail."