80 . Eternal Promise

She was standing on the balcony, her gaze fixed on the half moon hanging like a luminous jewel in the dark canvas of the night sky. Its soft glow cast gentle shadows on her face, accentuating the delicate features softened by the gentle caress of the evening breeze. Her hair danced in the wind, each strand swaying in harmony with the whispers of the night, a silent witness to the emotions swirling within her.

In this moment, she felt a profound sense of peace wash over her, like a soothing balm to her weary soul. Today, she had reclaimed her Will, her William, the man she loved with all her heart. But the revelation that William and Will were one and the same had left her feeling utterly betrayed. How could she have been so blind, so naïve to not see the truth sooner? Yet, despite the pain and confusion, William's unwavering determination had convinced her to give their love another chance.

No matter how angry she became, how hurt she felt, she couldn't deny the undeniable bond that tethered her heart to his. For William had a way of understanding her, of seeing through the facade she often presented to the world. He knew her in ways she didn't even understand herself, and it was this deep connection that bound them together, like two souls destined to find solace in each other's arms.

As if guided by some unseen hand, their paths had converged, intertwining their fates in a tapestry of love and longing. William and Aru, two souls bound by destiny, united in a love that transcended time and space.

"Aru," William's voice broke through the silence, his lips pressing gently against her cheeks.

"Hmm," she murmured softly, leaning into his touch.

"Do you not think that this moon holds a special significance for our love?" he asked, his eyes sparkling with delight.

"Yes," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the rustle of the leaves. "This moon bore witness to our small promise all those years ago."

"If I had not made that promise, I fear I would have lost you forever," William confessed, his arms encircling her waist in a protective embrace.

"And if you had not made that promise, I would have spent a lifetime searching for you," she replied, her voice filled with unwavering devotion. "For you are the only one who has ever truly captured my heart."

"Are you sure?" he teased, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Absolutely," she declared, her gaze unwavering as she met his gaze. "You were the first boy I ever approached, the first man I ever loved."

"And what if fate had not brought us together that day?" he wondered aloud, his curiosity piqued.

"Then perhaps a different path would have led us to each other," she mused, a smile playing at the corners of her lips. "But I like to think that destiny had other plans for us."

"Aru," William's voice broke through the silence, his lips brushing against her cheek.

"I am confident, Mr. King. You were the first boy whom I approached when I was just a little girl, and you are the first man whom I love now as a grown woman," she replied, her gaze meeting his with unwavering determination.

"If I had not met you on that day, what do you think would have happened?" William asked, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

"Perhaps a car would have run over you, and you might have ended up in the hospital for at least two months," she shrugged, a playful glint in her eye.

"I often wonder, Aru, if your pendant had not entangled with mine, perhaps I would have lost you again," William mused, his breath warm against the nape of her neck. His words carried a weight of uncertainty, mingled with a hint of wistfulness, as if contemplating the fragile threads of fate that had brought them together once more.