Maddie

Amelia's POV:
I arrived home, I opened thr front door as quietly as I possibly could because if my mother saw me she would immediately know that I was lying to her, she would understand from the redness on my face but also the wet hair. I took off my shoes and slowly walked up the hardwood stairs. Thankfully the red carpet that fell over each step of them quieted me down. When I was about 10 metres away from my bedroom door I run inside and shut the door behind me, I sat down not knowing how I made it there without anyone noticing me, but I didn't have time to waste, I changed my dress and wiped my hair with a towel. I sat in my bed with my head filled with thoughts. After a while a maid came into my room to tell me that my parents wanted to talk. I thanked her for telling me and I headed downstairs only to see my mother's cold as always face however something was different this time. My dad was sitting next to her with a similar look onhis face. "Mom?" I called. She looked towards me and told me to sit down. I listened and I sat down wondering what she had to tell me.
-What happened, Maddie (maid's name) told me you wanted to see me.
-Yes, you see your father and I have something very important to tell you.
-What is it? I asked.
-Well, it's about your marriage, have you picked anyone yet?
-Well, no. I said looking down, I had almost forgotten about it.
-No one?
-No.
-Well just know that if you don't pick a husband we will have to pick for you. She said coldly.
-What? I yelled.
-Do not raise your voice at your mother Amelia. My father told me.
I didn't have a choice but to sit down.
-Mom just please, give me a bit more time. Please.
-You have a week. After that, we take place.
-Alright. I said. May I go up to my room now?
-Yes you may. She said with a strange satisfaction.
I walked back into my room, I wasn't going to cry, it wasn't worth it nothing would change. But as soon as I thought about Alessandra and the fact that I would have to leave her behind made my eyes burn and before I realised I felt a tear sliding down my cheek. Someone knocked on my door. "Who is it" I said wiping my tears away. "It's Maddie princess"
-Come in. I said as I sat up on my bed.
She slowly opened the door and entered my room.
-Are you okay princess? She asked with a worrying voice.
-Yeah, I'm fine Maddie thanks for asking.
This woman has taken care of me ever since I was born, she has been in our house for the past 24 years, and she has been more of a mother to me than my actual mother. She was always there to comfort me when my mother yelled at me.
-No you're not. What happened?
-Nothing really, it's just my mother pressuring me to find a husband, in a week.
-Oh honey, I'm so sorry she said as she sat next to me and gave me a warm hug. I really wish I could do something, I really do.
-I know Maddie, thank you for being here. I told her.
She kissed my head and told me that she's proud of me.
I thanked her and with that she left. I had to tell Alessandra this but not right now, I didn't have the strength to... I will tell her maybe tommorow, if I saw her.