That Someone Is A She

Amelia's POV:
After I walked back into my house and everyone had left, the day passed rather quickly. When you're so deep in your thoughts about so much, time flies. I went up in my bedroom, my parents weren't in the castle. I laid on my bed for a few minutes thinking about everything that had happened.

"Maddie" I called and in a matter of seconds she was in my room.

-Hello Amelia, how was your walk?
-It was good. I signed.
-Is everything okay?
-Yeah, everything is fine, just, do you have a minute?
-Of course, is everything okay? She said in a way you could hear the worry in her voice. She came towards me and sat on the side of my bed.

I took a deep breath and sat up.

-I'm stuck. I told her.
-On what?
-Everything, I have no idea what to do, how to get out of the situation I'm in.
-Is it about your marriage?
-Yeah, for the most part, but there is also another problem with this marriage.
-What is it honey? She asked.
-Well, I kind of, like someone else.
Her face brightened up for a second, like she forgot about the wedding.
-Who is he? She asked with exitement.
-Well... That someone is a she.

I let the words slip out of my mouth, she had to know, I trusted her. She was the only one that could know.

Her eyes widened, she stopped talking. At this point I already knew that everything could end, as soon as she told my mother.

-Well. She said finally. Who is she? She said with a smile that confused me.
-You're not mad? I asked.
-No honey, of course I'm not mad. She said as she tucked my hair behind my ear. I'm just worried about what is going to happen with your parents.

I fought so hard to hold my tears back, the fact that she accepted me was better than any gift, any object, knowing that she was by my side meant everything to me.

-Now tell me who is she? What's her name? How does she look like?
-Well, her name is Alessandra, I said with my voice cracking up, you might have seen her, the first time I met her was in one of the balls my parents had  hosted.
-Can you describe her dear? I don't know if I have seen her.

-Well, she's tall, taller than me and very very very pretty. She has long, dark brown curly hair and black eyes. She mainly dresses in dark colours and she usually isn't around a lot of people. Do you think you have seen her by any chance?

-I don't think so dear, but I might have, you see my memory is quite short, it's the age. She said with a warming smile.
-It's not the age Maddie, you still have lots and lots of years, you will outlive all of us I'm sure!
She laughed at it and opened her arms, liek she was telling me to come hug her, so that's exactly what I did.

She hugged me warmer than my mother ever had. "I am so proud of you" she said and at those words, I broke down, hot tears started falling down my face, I hugged her even tighter. In my eyes she was more of a mother than my actual mother. She kissed my forehead and wiped my tears away.

-Hey, no need to cry, I'm here. Now how about you tell me a bit more about Alessandra?
I broke apart from her arms.

-Well, she is the most gorgeous, the most beautiful, the most amazing girl on earth, and every single time I'm near her, my knees get weak, my heart beats faster and faster, I feel my blood pressure rise up to my head, I feel like I'm going to faint every time, I feel my whole body ache...

-Awww, I'm so hapoy for you honey.
-But there is a problem.
-What is it? Her face darkened.
-I need to marry someone else.
-We'll figure that out, don't worry.
-Kind of hard to do that... How did you manage to stay next to my parents for so many years without losing your mind?
-Well, I closed my eyes and ears to everything, but I won't do it this time. I promise I will help you in every possible way I can.
-I love you Maddie.
-I love you too. She said as she gave me another kiss on the forehead.
-Thank you for being by my side.
-No need for thank you's honey.
After a few minutes she left but everything was a bit better, or at least that's what it seemed like, everything seemed better when I talked to
Maddie.

After a while my parents came back, and the rest of the day passed without me even realising it.