Resolution

Valarie POV

I was determined. Today is the day!

I will break up with Noah. I cant love the one doesn't respond back.

Flashback:

Yesterday i knew when i saw him look at scarlet, the way he never looks at me before. With love. With jealousy. With heart ache and warmth.

When he left angrily, I followed him.

I was going to talk to him but didn't realise Oliver be there. I quickly hid behind the door. But what i heard shocked me.

Oliver used his powers on him. "You can tell me how you feel about my sister ..." he said touching his shoulders.

"I am jealous and angry ." Noah replied in a trance.

"Why don't you tell scarlet how you feel?"

"I cannot because of the responsibility i face."

"To suffer alone and make her suffer too?"

"I don't wish to make her sad. If there is other way. I care for her deeply. I love her." He said. My heart-ached hearing it.

"Whats the deal with Valarie then?" My heart ran faster hearing my name.

"A contractual arrangement made by families. No feelings there." This was the last thing which made my heart break.

"Forget this conversation." He removed his hand. Noah doesn't remember anything and went joined the group.

I sat down crying.

Remember the past.

I was 11 years old when i met Noah. He was 13 years old. Our fathers were business partners and friends. The first time i laid my eyes on him was love at first sight. And i believed I would marry him one day. We were good friends. But he never saw me more than that. I tried my best but he never noticed. When my father fixed our engagement I couldn't be more happier! Finally i will have a chance to win his heart but still I couldn't. He felt so far away from me. I transferred to this academy to spend time with him but then to, i was too late. He has opened his heart and had given it someone else. I grew more possessive and jealous. Tried more harder but, today I realised that I won't be able to take that place in his heart. That love which I desire was never mine. I hated scarlet for that. Taking whats mine. But i was wrong. She was not at fault. She fell in love just like i did. The difference was Noah liked her too. It was not one sided. It was me who came between them. Not her.

I wiped my tears away. I cant keep chasing his heart when it already belongs to someone else. Its clear that he doesn't have any feelings for me that way. And even if i marry his this way. I will never be happy or able to get his love. I have to set him free. I have to move on. Not only for him but for myself too. I cant keep chasing someone who doesn't want me back. I have to move on.

End of flashback

I made my way to the mansion. "Hey Alex, when is Noah?" I made my way in.

"He might be in his room. Go ahead." He directed me.

I saw Scarlet sitting on the sofa, chatting with Ryan. She waved me a hello, I couldn't help but give her a weak sad smile back.

I held my breath and went ahead to face Noah.

I went in to face him,"Noah, we need to talk..."

He was reading a book. When he noticed me he sat up straight and gave me a chair to sit. "Yes Val sure."

I sat down unsettling. My heart was beating non stop. I took a deep breath and started speaking.

"Noah, i am breaking off the engagement."

"What?" He looked at me shocked.

"Its not fair to you or me."

"Val, I don't understand where are you coming from?"

"See, ... i know you love Scarlet. And... no matter how much i wish or how hard i try, i will never be able to make you look my way or love me the way you love her."

He stayed silence.

"So i am setting you free. I am breaking off this engagement. "

He couldn't say anything. He knew i was right.

"And i need you to do me a favour, reject me properly so that i can move on." I said holding back my tears.

"Val, you know your a dear friend of mine. You will always have that special place in my heart for you. We grew up together. But i am sorry i cant love you that way. My heart is already with someone else. I am sorry to keep lying to you till now. You deserve better. " he said in sadness.

I threw a punch at him & I smiled at him,"your an Asshole, but i forgive you."

"I deserved that." He chuckled massaging his jaw.

I got up from my seat and went towards the door.  I looked at him," Noah i wish you happiness."

"Thanks Val." I walked out the door.

I couldn't hold my tears in and ran out to the garden. I cried my heart out.

Then i heard footsteps come in. I quickly wiped my tears. It was Scarlet. "Um, i am sorry I didn't mean to pry but are you okay?"

"Its okay..." I chuckling crying," just had my heart broken."

She sat beside me.

"I broke up with Noah." I didn't knew why i was talking to her but i felt good to let it out.

She didn't say anything and hugged me.

I cried hugging her.

"He likes someone else."

"What? Who?" She seemed shocked. She didn't knew it was her. Noah didn't tell her. I am not going to tell her either. He did broke my heart so if he want Scarlet then his gotta tell her himself. Thats his punishment.

"It doesn't matter now."

"I am sorry Valarie. Lets go to my room. I will make you some Chamomile tea and cookies, it will help you" she said smiling.

I hated her so much for no reason and yet she is kind to me.

"Scarlet... i am sorry. I gave you a hard time, without any cause. We could have been friends."

"Its okay Valarie, it never too late. We can be friends now." She said holding my hand.

She was genuinely nice. I didn't knew why i never took the chance to get to know her. But i will start now.

"I like that..." i said smiling.