Brothers Bond

Scarlet POV

I woke up in the morning my injuries were healed.

"How?" I looked at my shoulders.

A broad shoulders guy with similar hair & eyes like Noah came in.

"Good you woke up. The healing worked." He said.

"I am sorry your—?"

"I am joan, Noah's elder brother." He gave me a charming smile.

"I am Scarlet, nice to meet you." I cheerfully gave him my hand. It would be great if i wore something elegant before meeting Noah's brother. The hospital gown is the worst. So embarrassing.

"You don't need be embarrassed. The circumstances is to blame." He chuckled.

He is so kind like Noah.

"Noah never mentioned you to me." I told him.

"Yeah, he is abit angry with me for now." He said poring me the orange juice.

"Why is that?" I asked him. Shit that was Impolite. Its their private matter. "I am sorry for asking like that.."

"Oh no worries. I don't mind telling you. " he continued," I haven't been around much, and left without saying anything to him. So i was bound to get the cold shoulder." He gave me a sad smile.

"Why did you left?"

"Other family has never been the loving kind. For our father we were a pillar for financial gain. I was in line to inheriting the empire but i never want that. More over, he wanted to send Noah to Boarding militarily school far way as he was no use to him. I couldn't let that happen. My brother is very kind and generous. I didn't wanted him to go though father's evil plan. More over i had interested in military and if i go he will be safe. So i left. He was oblivious to fathers motives and I didn't wanted to ruin their relationship so I didn't say anything."

I couldn't say anything. He was really a good brother.

He continued," i was ecstatic when Noah call. Even though it was something he needed from me still, i was glad he was talking."

"You need to tell him how you feel and why did what you did. Noah will understand it i am sure of it he has a kind & understanding heart." I told Joan.

"Maybe i will."

We were talking when Noah cane in.

"I heard you woke up !" He immediately made his way towards my bed.

"I am better now Noah." I replied.

"I was so worried scar! You were in so much pain." He hugged me.

"I am feeling good all thanks to your brother. Let me getting changed." I got out of my bed and went to the changing room.

I still can't calm down when i see Noah. My feelings are over taking me. And now things are Ryan is also the same. I cant face either of them.

"Now i see why you broke up with Valarie." Joah told Noah. I could hear it all. The wall separation was not enough to stop they voices to travel.

"She is special, not like everyone." Noah said. Wait did broke up with Valarie cause of me? Why?

"I can see that. I am glad you have found someone like that. I could only imagine how had it much have been going against dad's wishes?"

"It wasn't easy but it was time."

"I am glad, your standing to your terms." Their family must be difficult.

"No thanks to you." He gave a cold reply.

"Noah... i know things between us are not right, but i want to make it up to you. Can please talk to me in evening?"

"Why now?"

"I know it been late but... please give me a chance to explain myself." He didn't reply.

Joan went out. I changed into my regular clothes and came in.

"How do i look?" I wore a white top and jeans.

"Fresh as a daisy." He smiled.

"Do you hate him?" I asked Noah.

"No in fact I respect him alot but I cant bring myself to trust him. He did left me."

"Noah, i know it is not my place to say anything but i think you should hear out your brother. What all i know is that family is important. And there is always a reason why people did what they do. So listen to him. You might feel differently." I tried to reason with him.

"We scar, for you." He smiled.

We made our way back to the mansion.

Alex and Max were busy finding out who the intruder was. Ryan was on guard and surveillance  duty. William was on bed rest and Noah was taking care of me.

I felt like going on a walk so i went to the garden. "Scarlet?"

"Oh joan what are you doing here."

"I just talk to Noah. Thank you. Because you gave me courage I could clear up the air between us after so long."

"Please dont thank me. It was your effort. Otherwise it wouldn't had work."

"Still thank you." He hugged me and left.

"Ahem." Noah was standing behind me. " so your one behind thus meet up."

Shoot! Busted...

"Noah sorry i knew it was not my place but I couldn't help it..."

"Shh.. its okay." He put his finger in my lips. "I was good to talk to my brother after such a long time and understand his side of the story. Thanks scar, for everything you did." He hugged me.

"I just gave a little nudge. Rest you guys did it."

"I got my old brother." I smiled and felt happy. I am glad Noah has Joan. I know myself beautiful it is to have someone. Oliver is my dear brother. Just like Joan.