Silent Alarms

One by Kerli song

I came running to the mansion and knocked on William's door. He opened it.

"Look!" I practically punched him with my score sheet of the test. "I got the highest in makeup test! Thank you."

"Good work." He smiled at me.

"Whoa! That's a rare sight to see" a voice said behind us. Ryan and Alex stood behind me.

William stopped smiling and went back to his natural emotionless face.

Aggghh! After such a period of time I got to see him smile and cause of the noisy birds he got embarrassed again!

I gave them a stink-eye look.

"What? Did I do something?" Ryan joked.

I rolled my eyes.

I went downstairs. I saw they join me. Noah, Max was already sitting near the breakfast table.

"So Scarlet you coming to the spring-fall party?" Ryan said. I saw William join us too.

"What is that and when?" I asked.

"Actually our dear Ryan organises the ball for the academy. All students and teachers gather and enjoy." Noah said.

"Well count me in," I said happily.

"I am so glad my darling Scarlet will be coming, I have a special treat for you." He said to me putting his hands around my shoulders and whispering in my ear.

"W..what? Treat?..."

"Come on stop flirting with the airhead," Alex said standing beside me.

"Yeah." Max agreed with Alex and took his arms off from my shoulders.

I giggled.

I looked at my watch. I am late for class!

I got up and ran," gotta go, I am late." I waved them goodbye.

I was done with class but I again got a lecture from my professor as my powers had not been awakening yet. He said I may be not accepting myself as a whole and need to have faith. But I don't know-how.

I am not special and most time I am self-doubting that I have powers or not.

I signed.

I was walking down the hall when I saw Noah.

He noticed me and came," hey Scarlet can you do me a favour?"

"Yes sure."

"Can you give this document to Alex? "

"Sure." I took them.

"If I go now, I will get stuck with boring lectures of Alex in the student council meeting." Noah said.

I chuckled. "Your skipping again?" I asked.

"Yes, Nothing interesting there. I would have gone if you were there." He gave me his heart throbbing charming smile.

I blushed.

"I...i am gonna go and give these to Alex." I escaped his mesmerising tenderness.

I made my way towards the student council room.

I was about to knock on the door when I heard loud argument noises coming from the student council room.

I hesitated to go in.

"Need any help?" A voice startled me.

I turned around. It was Ryan.

"Oh, um it's okay I will wait."

"Come on my princess never waits." By saying that he pushed the door open with a blow of shape wind from his hands.

I was astonished. Is that his power?

All eyes were on us.

I saw Alex talking with Naomi. She was sitting on the desk of Alex and leaning down inch apart from his face.

This is awkward...

She got up and moved away.

"What do you want?" Alex asked.

"This little flower was looking for you," Ryan said to him before I could speak.

He waved me goodbye and left in an awkward situation. Seriously that guy! Always seeks to get me in trouble.

Alex made his way towards me.

"What you want Scarlet?" He said to me calmly.

"Um.." I hurriedly flustered took out the documents Noah gave me and handed to him.

"Okay, thanks. "

I was about to leave when he stopped me.

"Wait. I have some issue."

Noami gave me the aggressive stink eye with a hateful look.

"Little peasants! Always come to ruin the moment. " she murmured.

I could hear her. I felt bad.

"Naomi, you can go now. "

"What? Why? We were in the middle of the discussion! Let that eyesore out of here." She said looking at me.

"Our discussion is over. I have nothing to talk to you." Alex said calmly and ignoring her.

She stomped out angrily after giving me a murderous death look.

Looks like I made my first enemy...
All-cause of Alex...

I stood there in silence.

After checking the documents he looked at me," I am all done here, let's go back to the mansion"

I nodded.

I walked out of the campus building. We walked in silence.

Why is he walking with me?

I thought he hated me...

Maybe he thinks of me as his friend too. I mean I hope we have gotten closer abit.

It's good if we have come close a bit more.

I like us to be friends too...

I was occupied in my thoughts when suddenly I hear Alex scream.

"Watch out!"

I look up at the direction he is looking at.
And a heavy flower pot was falling just above my head.

Shit, I don't have any fast reflex to run or avoid it.

I closed my eyes and covered my head, ready for impact.

"Archana shield!" Alex shouted and covered hugged me.

Wait...

It should have hit me by now but why isn't it hurting?

I opened my eyes and saw Alex making a shield around us with his hands. The pure power was beautiful.

I was saved.

"You okay?" He asked me.

I looked at him and nodded yes.
I noticed he was still hugging me.

He noticed it too and let me off his hug.

"You should be careful Airhead" he commented.

I frowned," I don't have eyes on my head to see flying or falling objects okay?!" And walked off.

He may be nice but he is still a jerk.

I pouted and made my way towards the mansion.

I gave one last glance at the window from where the plant pot fell. I caught a glimpse of a shadow of a girl with dark hair.

Did the pot fell on its own or did someone wanted to hurt me?

Nah, I am thinking too much.

I ignored the silent alarms in my head and went off.