Noah's Resolve

Infinity- jaymes young

Noah POV

Valarie was right.

On the other hand, I was just lying to myself.

Lying to them.

Hurting them in the process.

Running away from my feelings.

Hurting Scarlet...

But no. Not anymore. I am going to face them. My feelings. My parents. Ryan. Scarlet.

I woke up late the next day, cause of think all night I couldn't get a glimpse of sleep. Scarlet already left for classes. As we were in the third year and final year, we had alternate Mondays and Thursdays off to practice on our own. Kinda like a self-learning process. We would be graduating soon, and thus we were left to complete our 4th stage supreme yet. We can only activate our supreme stage when the council grants us the power to amplify and witness it. As we already know scarlet had her powers amplified already which means 'greater powers with no control'. We all were taking shifts to keep a watch on her to avoid any unforeseen accidents. Today was my turn to watch her. But I confess my feelings to her I need to speak with Ryan. He is my best friend I can't go behind his back. Like he made his feelings clear, I need to too.

I walked out of my room to his room. I knocked on his door but there was no answer. He must be out. I will wait.

I went to the student council room. Alex was as usual busy with work. Ever since an intruder came into the academy Alex is busy with work. Even I wanted to know who was that stranger that kissed scarlet? I will ripe out his mouth from the body. Jealousy took over me.

I knocked on the door. "Do you have a minute?"

Alex gazed at me from his desk. He was barely visible. The paper load was increasing day by day.

"Sure come in Noah."

"So did you got any clues about our mystery man?" I asked him sitting in the chair in front of him.

"Till now nothing. I have tried everything. Double checked the system and the barrier. Still nothing. The barrier is strong and security is in place. No one with the authorisation of the dad can enter the premises. "

"Perhaps you should ask the principal about this now. We should not hide this any longer. "

"I am also thinking the same." He got up from the chair and we went out. I went to find Ryan and Alex separated to go visit his dad.

"I returned to the mansion and saw Ryan also come in. "Ryan, can we chat?"

"Yeah what's up?" I accompanied him to the garden. We took a seat in a gazebo.

"You left early morning?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Scarlet was having some trouble with controlling her powers today so I have accompanied her to her class. And let me tell you, she looks so cute embarrassed. "

"What do you mean?"

"I was sitting in her class today to keep a check on her during her power training so she was flustered all over." He chuckled.

"Yeah, she does get flustered easily." I agreed.

"William took over my duty to watch over her, so I came back. By the way, I heard your engagement broke off.? What happened? Is Valarie taking the news well?"

William got discharged from the hospital yesterday and Max is also recovering well so he will be out in a few days.

"Yeah about that, she broke off the engagement."

"What?"

"Yeah believe it or not. She knew that I like Scarlet and we didn't have that kind of love between us. So I also agreed to break it off. She was sad about it, probably crying too. I didn't mean to hurt her like that but things happened. "

"I see. Well, I am happy that for you. I knew you were never happy in that engagement."

"Thanks, man. But the reason I wanted to talk to you about this is cause you are my best friend and I would take the next step without informing you. " I took a deep breath and started speaking, "So... I wanna say that I will be confessing my feelings to scarlet. I don't wanna like to myself or hurt others anymore."

I thought I was getting punched, but he smiled at me. "I am glad you finally got into your senses. Not a puppet of your father."

"Well yes, I am ashamed to say that, Valarie needed to point my feelings to me which I was lying for so long. And I won't bow down anymore, nor let my dad justify my way of living. I wanna make my own decision."

"That's a great man. I am happy for you. But don't think that if your facing your feelings I am gonna give up on her."

"I expect no less from you Ryan." I hugged him. "Let it be a fair fight."

"I wanted to ask you something. " he paused," if Valarie didn't break off the engagement would you still had gone for scarlet or done anything?"

"Your right I was being too much of a coward. I would have done something because I don't love Valarie that way. She is a good friend but during that time it's probably too late... maybe it's late now even too? I hurt scarlet so much. I don't even think she ever wants to like me back now. But still, I am gonna try like hell. I am not running away anymore."

"I glad Noah, you finally standing up for what you want."

I smiled, "yeah. Thanks for listening."

"Come on man, you're my bro! No matter what happens our relationship is not gonna change." I always thought of Ryan as a flirt but he has grown. Matured.

"So are you going to tell Scarlet how you feel?"

"I will but I have to do something else before that."
I bid him goodbye and went to my room.

My phone rang immediately. It was dad. As expected. I was gonna call him so no matter.

"Hello, dad."

"WHAT THE HELL I AM HEARING from MR. Storm?! Did you break off your engagement? Are you crazy? Your gonna be the heir of Rolds Medicine empire. Valarie storm would have made a perfect match! And you break it off?!"

"I don't love her that way dad. I want to be with someone whom I love."

"Don't talk stupid things! Your brother was a disappointment! I don't want you to be a failure too, over that cursed girl holding firepower. It's dark magic. That is why her generation was murder."

"First of all dad, I won't have you disrespected Scarlet that way! She is much more than any of you can ever be! And second of all, my brother wanted to follow his dream to serve. Thus he joined the military. He lived his dream and that is nothing to be ashamed of. He did right and I am proud of him. Joan did right. And he is in the top rank now. Just because he didn't take over the succession he cannot be held liable."

"I cannot comprehend what your saying. You will do that I say, Noah! It's your path! To be the heir and marring Valarie will bring us more reputations. I don't want to hear anything."

"No dad I will not. Valarie and I both know that it's not right. So I won't marry her just for the sake of it. And as far as the heir goes. I am not abandoning my post. I will be the heir and also marry the one I love. Be with the one I desire. I will not be your puppet."

"You're making a grave mistake Noah. She is not gonna be good for you I know."

"I will prove you, the wrong dad. Goodbye." I ended the call. I finally feel free. Like I could breathe again.

Now I have to tell Scar my feelings.

I can't wait.

My giddiness came inside me with a warm happy feeling. I love scarlet. I admit it. I touched the flower pot kept beside my window and it blossomed. 🌸