18 - Breaking point pt 1

Yūgen (Japanese); an awareness of the universe that triggers an emotional response to deep for words

|| CW!!! shits getting dark yall, tw for abuse. ||

【 ϟ 】
Ginny
December 31st 1997
They sneered at one another as they entered the ball so if somebody happened to look their way it'd look like they'd just got in an argument.

"Ginny!"

She jogged over as she heard Chos voice. They made small talk about the DA, Ginnys eyes kept farting to Amora. The raven haired girl never once glanced back, bloody over-thinker.

A tray floated around the room, carrying a fizzing drink in goblets.

"Is that pumpkin juice?"

Cho pointed out as the tray floated by. She took one gratefully, only stopping when Ginny held a hand up.

"It's firewhisky, Cho."

She heard from Neville some of the older gryffindor boys were sneaking it in to look like pumpkin juice.

Chos eyes widened and she held it away from her.

"I hate the taste of firewhisky, do you want it?"

Ginny nearly took it before she stopped herself. She gave the girl a small smile.

"No, I should have a clear head."

Cho opened her mouth than closed it. Ginny internally smiled at the sent of rain and cigarettes behind her.

"Weasley. The headmaster wants to see you."

Ginny spun around to see Amora with a firm mask, though she could still see her eyes spark. They'd rehearsed this before. It was essentially a code for "Its going well, I've asked pansy where Snape is, distract her."

Ginny glared daggers at her and brushed past her shoulder, carefully shoving a small ripped piece of parchment in her hand.

【 ϟ 】

Amora
The unraveled the paper as soon as she left the dance. The parchment had Ginnys loopy handwriting scribbled on it, she couldn't help but smile slightly. The note read:

"Somethings off."

She crumpled the paper back up, fighting a gasp. It was far to late to change the plan now.