36 - Voldemort

Oneirataxia (noun); the inability to distinguish between fantasy and reality

(CW: slight mentions of internalized homophobia, all will be marked with a * at the beginning and end, if you wish to skip it it won't change much. Just mostly explaining the 'internalized homophobia' Amora had mentioned in an earlier chapter. Also, of course as expected for this chapter it's a bit dark, but there are no torture scenes.)

【 ϟ 】

Amora
March 20th 1998
The sense of dread she felt when met with that deeply embedded vines of ice wrapping themselves around her bones was overwhelming. She draped the paper thin quilt over her shoulders, even blinded she knew she was home when the feeling never went away.

It was 10:20, she'd counted every second since ten.

1,200... 1,201... 1202...

Her skin appeared translucent in the moonlit room, her lips stained purple.

Deja vu.

She read over the letter again, in her state she tried her best to comprehend the words. They slipped through her lips for the seventh time.

"Amora... Nott.... I've set a gown out for you, as you will be attending a ball thrown at exactly ten thirty on the dot. Please, do make yourself presentable. The dark lord will be attending, he had awaited your arrival back into the family ever since your parents unfortunate passing. You're the last living heir, and despite your dishonesty our merciful lord has his plans for you.
- Narcissa Malfoy."

'Our merciful lord' she quoted in her thoughts, he's the one who murdered my family.

She ran her thumb over her nose and glanced up at the dress before her. Emerald green, silk. Her head spun.

'Welcome me back to the family' it's bullshit. It's not like him to be this naive, this is child's play. On a surface level he wants me to be his right hand, a revenge plan. No, he must have something else in mind. Does he really think I'm that stupid? It almost makes me want to believe this isn't him at all, more of a plot by some high ranking death eater. But it's best I assume this is his plan, if so, what's his real motive? It's possible he thinks I'm dumb because he only asked Severus for initial on me, but if that's the case had he forgotten everything my mother had told him? It's possible if he really thought she betrayed him he would've disregarded her word entirely.

I've put a lot of work into my reputation up until I met Ginny, there's no way he's only heard ill of me. That being said it's also safe to assume that's my ego clouding my judgement.