28 - Greif

Noctiphany (noun); an appearance of something that only occurs at night

Day fourteen

Ginny
February 26th 1998
Ginny had known for a while.

For how long that she did not know, but for now, she knew. She knew the magic infesting Amoras soul had spread to her heart. She knew she had nothing she could do about it. Everyday she woke up, and she knew she would try.

In all those hours she had spent not sleeping, or not walking, she was reading. She'd read every book in the cottage attic she could find having anything to do with dark magic, unusual magic, and blood magic. Even if it was one word out of three-hundred-thousand. The problem was not knowing how deep the magic was in Amoras heart. The problem was not knowing when she would need to find her solution.

It was a rainy night when she found her answer.

She'd been in the forest with Remus when they'd heard it. An antagonizing scream filled the damp forest air, it hung on the tree leaves and truly shook her to her core. Her stomach dropped and she felt her expression freeze. She glanced at Remus, a silent understanding passed through them and he dropped the immoblus he'd casted during their dueling. From what she could understand Remus had quickly checked if the wards had gotten wounded during their fight before sprinting after her.

That may not have been the case, but for that Ginny did not care. Her heartbeats rang in her ears, so loud they hurt her head. She stopped for a split second as she saw the window had caved in, her heart plummeted still.

She ran down the hallway that seemed to go on forever, she stopped at the last door on the right.

The door was already open.

The first thing she saw was Amora crumpled on the ground, her head rested in Tonks' lap. She felt her heart turn to what she'd only describe as dust. Amora was shaking violently, she was sobbing but only in shaky, sudden breaths.

Tonks glanced up, they raised their eyebrows at Ginny and stood up gently. She went and sat beside Amora. Ginny put a hand on her face, she asked her in all the ways without words if she could speak. Amoras shook her head ever so slightly and hugged her for what seemed like the longest time.

It broke her heart, seeing her like this.

Amora had always made her happy, Amora gave her the gift of sleep. She hadn't hoped their life would turn out like this.

Remus' voice drowned out of thoughts.

"What happened?"