27 - 36 days

anagapesis - Ana-ga-pe-sis; no longer feeling affection to someone you once loved

In 36 days, something terrible would happen.

Day one:

Amora
February 13th 1998
Amora Lyra Nott had never felt guilt her entire life.

For her entire life, she'd been lying to herself. Guilt wasn't something you could normally run away from. But, anything was possible when your a pathological liar.

When guilt knocked on her door it snaked around her neck like vines, drawing her deeper into the abyss she'd known was growing inside her soul.

For a fact she knew, she was the cause of her brothers death. Nobody would've questioned Theodore Notts loyalty if they hadn't questioned her first.

Maybe it was grief, maybe it wasn't.

Though, she supposed it never really mattered in the first place anyway. If it had, it certainly didn't now. It was strange, even dead her mother still found funny little ways to get inside her head. Amora always tried to never speak ill of the dead but she'd love a good 'fuck you, mother' right now.

Hah, there it was, gallows humor.

The dark magic had finally taken over.

Amora sat on the bathroom floor, fully clothed with the shower running beside her. She needed to be alone, for Ginnys sake anyway. She wanted to run to her, 'im sorry, I only meant to protect you.'

Ginny had always told her she was to gloomy, for a while she'd felt better. Her mother couldn't whisper in her ear anymore. She should've known death could not tame Lyra Nott.

The dark magic had spread, every vein inside her skin ran black, all ice cold. It washed over her lungs and burned her soul. For once she thought maybe Ginny would find gloomy fitting right about now.

Two large knocks could be heard on the bathroom door.

"Amora?" The door knocked again "you've been in there for ages, is everything alright?"

The magic whispered things to her, so she covered her ears.

You should've let her in your life.

Your only bringing her down.

No, that was irrational. She knew that, right? She shook her head, her hands still clamped tightly around her ears. The whispers didn't feel like whispers at all, they were so loud she'd felt like her eardrums were about to burst.