33 - Alive

Euneirophrenia (noun); the peace of mind that comes form having pleasant dreams

【 ϟ 】

Day eighteen

Amora
March 2nd 1997
Amora had been awake for a while. She'd been awake enjoying basic things she hadn't felt in weeks. She enjoyed the sun on her skin, the light breeze through her hair, the dozens of butterflies swarming her. Her head was clear, all of her memories had been purified, as if dipped in water. She took a while to think of the past few weeks, she noticed Ginnys tired eyes, she noticed Fluer and she noticed the memory of her brother. It didn't hurt much anymore. Theodore Nott was never the living type. She supposed she never was either, before anyway.

The first thing she'd done when she woke up was check Ginnys pulse. She was sleeping. By the looks of it she hadn't had a decent sleep in a while, so for the time being she decided to let her be. In the time she sat there she wasn't sure she formed a single coherent thought, she almost felt like she was entirely high off the calming drought.

After about an hour Ginnys eyes fluttered open, her index finger twitched and she blinked several times before heaving herself up. She stared at Amora for a moment.

"Did it work?"

Was the first thing she said. Amora smiled, of course Ginny already knew it worked. Amoras veins ran blue, her magic was clean. She nodded, assuring Ginny it had.

"Yes."

She said in a breath. She turned her head back up to the sun, hidden behind a branch. Slivers of the light peering out between the leaves. It was slightly cold before they'd done the ritual, they both had worn thin cloaks. Amoras had slid off her shoulders, Ginny took hers off and moved next to Amora. They sat in silence for a while, as they'd always done. She'd never met someone who made her feel like she didn't need words.

"Thank you, Ginny."

She said, her eyes still locked on the leaves waving softly in the spring breeze. Her mind spun back to their tower, the stars. A time where they only spoke through moonlight.

"I told you it'd work."

The gryffindor replied, turning to face the slytherin. She turned back to her. Ginny looked so beautiful in her mind, her clear mind. She felt like she was staring at Ginny through a camera lense, only she'd just gotten the perfect shot. She felt her lips curl into a smile once more.

"I feel so weak, and I can't tell you how reliving it is. I feel alive Ginny."

Ginny kissed her, Amora had wanted to since she woke up but she wasn't sure how to ask. When they had pulled away she closed her eyes, and let herself fall back. Ginny fell next to her. There was so much they needed to talk about, so much words to be said. But for now, this was enough.