4.

Madison in the MM

Madison in the MM.

Madison

"Hi, daddy." I spoke to my father as him and my mom sat on the couch in the living room with newspapers in hand.

"What's going on, babygirl?" He spoke up as Gio and I came walking through the front door hand in hand.

"Woah, Giovanni."

"Are you getting taller or something, boy?"

"I'm going to need higher ceilings in a minute." My mom started her shenanigans, taunting him about his height like she usually does.

"What's gon' on, Mrs. Michelle?" He smiled wide, greeting her as I did the same but his was much more joy-filled, making me roll my eyes in jealousy.

He really loved my mom.

"Hey, mommy." I hugged both her and my dad while Gio did the same but he hugged my mom a while longer then dapped up my dad afterwards.

"Aight now, nigga. That's my wife." My dad pressed jokingly to him as they both laughed, man shaking each other again.

"Look."

"I'm bout' to lose mine, if I keep on playing with her like that." Gio went on saying, seeing the look on my jealous face.

"Exactly." I smiled as my mom pulled me along, letting them have their man time like usual.

"Man, when are you going to stop messing around and start playing some pro-ball?" I heard my dad speak his signature line to Gio as they began talking their manly things while my mom and I made our way into the kitchen.

Sitting down at the kitchen's old-style booth, my mom went on asking if we were hungry and I told her no since we'd just ate.

"You sure? I made enough for the two of you." She expressed but I still declined.

"You can ask Gio."

"He might want some, you know he eats a lot." I told her, considering he ate so much but never gained any weight.

Me on other hand was a completely different story.

"Let me see.."

"Giovanni! Are you hungry, sweetheart?" She yelled from the kitchen to the living room, awaiting his response.

"Always for your cooking, Mrs. Michelle!" His deep voice spoke back from afar, making me roll my eyes.

He was so obnoxious when he got around my mom and dad. He showed out every time but I loved their relationship nonetheless.

I just wished I could have that same luxury.

"That boy's such a sweetie, honey." She smiled, making him a plate before putting it into the microwave to warm it for him.