18.

Giovanni
1 month later

Sitting in my mama crib, I smoked a blunt, waiting for Teo to get back from dropping his girl off at her crib. It'd been a long ass month and I can't say a nigga wasn't fucked up after everything went down with Madison.

She was mad about what I did at work, so she had me blocked now, meaning no text or calls from each other for a straight month. And I can't lie and say a nigga ain't miss her but at this point, I was just giving her what she wanted.

That's all I could do.

She wanted to be done with me after seven years so I had to be done with her.

"Crazy as hell." I said to myself, shaking my head.

I mean, I knew I was on bullshit and all of that shit was still fresh on her mind at the time but I was cool with that.

I was going to do what had to be done to make my girl happy again but she wasn't about to bitch me in front of her friends. That's where communication got fucked up.

She knew I wasn't that type of nigga and I couldn't respect that.

Of course I knew I would have to kiss ass and I knew I couldn't just shrug this situation off because it was serious to her. But she wasn't about to talk to a nigga any kind of way in front of her little friends because she was upset.

I'm a grown ass man.

If I did that shit to her, in front of my homies or my brothers, I'd be the worst nigga in the world. Then I don't love her.

But because she was hurting most right now, I guess that shit was cool for her to do to me.

Scoffing to myself, I blew smoke into the air as I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I ain't even bother looking to see who it was or answering as I smoked myself out, getting as high as I could.

I needed this shit right now.

Leaning my head back onto the couch, I felt my high taking over as I relaxed my body completely. I then brushed all the bullshit off and closed my eyes.

When I did, it'd felt only a few minutes went by before a nigga popped out, hearing loud talking in the crib.

"Yo." I heard Teo come through the front door and I sat up slowly, getting my shit together.

"Damn, nigga."

"You good?" He laughed at me, dapping me up as I got up.

"Yeah." I told him, taking a few pulls from my blunt before putting it out completely.

"Oh aight. I ain't seen you in a minute. Where you been staying at?"

"Spinny's crib." I spoke up, watching him nod.

"You bout' to get your own spot soon though right?"

"Yeah, think I'm gon' go look at some places tonight." I went on saying, since I'd been holding out for obvious reasons but I wasn't going to no more.

"That's good, bro."

"You know mama cleaned yo' whole room out. She was mad as shit when you left."

"Talkin' bout you just like pops. Leaving her just like he did." He went on and I scoffed, waving that shit off.

I did not feel like hearing that shit right now.

"These females are crazy, bro."

"What's gon' on with Madison? She got you down bad, huh?" He went on asking, looking at how fucked up I looked right now and I shrugged that shit off too.