13.

Madison

"Mommy, please just come get me." I begged into the phone as my mother panicked, telling me that she was on her way and for me not to move.

"Madi, what's wrong?" I heard someone calling out as I hung up my phone, looking up to see who it was.

"What going on?" Nat came running over to me carrying Maribel, who was awake now in her arms, as Giovanni, his brothers, Valeria and Izzy all came running toward me right behind her.

I was half way sitting in Gi's car, feeling sick to my stomach as I sat in front of everyone now, feeling as if I was some caged animal or something.

Ms. Lucia's words had dug so deeply into my pride.

Deeply into my self-esteem. I felt inhuman at this point.

"Watch out." Giovanni spat sternly to them, trying to get through as he came over to me, getting down on his knees.

"Babygirl, don't listen to that shi-" He started but stopped as tears flooded my face, looking at him.

This was someone who was supposed to be my protector, my safe place but left me out for dead, in an unknown situation.

"Mamí, don't cry. Please just listen to me." He went on begging but I shook my head in disgust at him.

"Don't even talk to me, Gi."

"And don't call me your babygirl." I spat at him, crying even harder now.

"You lied to me."

"You let me embarrass myself." I spat to him as Nat and the girls stood there still confused while his brothers rubbed their hands down their faces, not knowing what to do in this moment.

"Yo, baby, listen to me."

"I never wanted any of this to happened." He pleaded his case but I shook my head frantically.

He did want this to happen because if he didn't, he would've told me the truth and never allowed me to make a fool of myself like this.

I was fool to think that a woman, that didn't speak to me for seven years, was friendly and liked me. There was a reason we hadn't been talking.

Just like I thought.

"No. You wanted this to happen, Gi."

"You wanted me to humiliate myself." I tried wiping my loose tears but more kept falling.

"You know that ain't true, baby."

"You know I never want to make you cry, I never want to hurt you, Madison."

"That's why I didn't tell you-"

"Stop lying to me!" I yelled out, tired of listening to his lies. I didn't want to hear anymore of these lies.

All he did was lie.

"Giovanni, I asked you over and over before I even came here today!"

"I asked you, does she actually want to talk to me?"

"Does she like me?"

"Was it true that she called me dark?!" I spat and all the girls gasped at my words.

"And what did you say, huh?"

"What did you say? You told me no!" I screamed at him and all the girls shook their heads now as Maribel began crying and I sat there feeling hopeless.

I felt so alone in this moment.

Everybody was beginning to feel like strangers to me and Giovanni was beginning to feel like the evil villain out to get me this entire time.