9.

Madison
Lunch time

"Let me have yo' last fry." Gio tried snatching my last french fry off of my plate.

"Stop it."

"Stop." I whined, softly hitting his hand but he snatched it anyway and threw it into his mouth.

"Why would you-" I started but stopped, looking at him with sad eyes.

"Why would you do that, Giovanni?" I spoke serious now and he smacked his lips once he saw that I was.

"Aight, baby." He tried to surrender.

"I'a get you some more when we leave."

"No, I wanted that one."

"And I told you not to eat it." I expressed myself and he sighed deeply, looking around at the other people in the cafe.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him with a pout.

"Please, don't start in here, bro." He shook his head.

"I said I'm gon' get you some more later."

"No." I shook my head, not even in the mood to be around him anymore as I stood to my feet and walked away from him completely.

We were supposed to be having a short lunch date in the cafe together, considering the day was almost over and we'd be leaving soon but he played too much.

I'd told him to stop over and over because I really wanted my food but he never listened to me.

"So fuckin' dramatic." I heard him mumble behind me as he followed closely.

"I'm not dramatic, Giovanni!"

"You just play too much sometimes!" I snapped at him as we walked down the the hallway and he scoffed, shaking his head.

"Aight, bro."

"I got to get back to work so I'a see you later." He walked off and I put my middle finger up, walking the opposite way.

I was sick of him playing so much.

"Aight." I heard him say as I did and I turned around, seeing that he was looking directly at me.

"Mantén tu energía igual cuando te lleve de vuelta a la cuna." Was all he said, obviously threatening me in Spanish as we parted ways and I made my way back to the 8th floor.

-

Moments later

"You okay, friend?" Leonie asked once I came behind the desk, seeing her sitting beside someone else.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I brushed off the pretty drama with Gi and refocused my energy.

I still had an hour left.

"Who's this?" I asked, pointing to the guy she was sitting next to and he smiled, waving to me.

"Oh, bitch. This is Adonis." She pointed.

"I think we're supposed to be doing the same thing Giovanni is doing upstairs with that Stephanie girl." She explained to me and I nodded, taking a seat beside them both.

"And your name?" Adonis asked.

"Oh, Hi, I'm Madison." I held my hand out for him to shake and he did just that with a bright smile.

"Oh okay."

"I've already heard a lot about you from Lee." He went on saying and I smiled.

"Did she tell you that I'm the sane friend and she's the crazy one?" I asked and he chuckled.