19.

Madison in the MM

Madison in the MM.

Madison
Same day

"Okay, Madi." Jack, Adonis's boyfriend, spoke to me as he came back into the hospital room once the doctor walked out.

"So it says here that Dr O.  was able to clear the excess skin off, from all the peeling." He went on saying as I sat in the bed, feeling like a complete idiot.

I couldn't believe I'd did this to myself but at the time, I felt like I had to. I was going through a lot and still am.

I just wanted things to be better. I want things to be better.

Sniffling softly, I wiped my eyes as tears began sliding down my face and he looked at me with empathetically.

"I'm so sorry." I spoke out loud to him but I was actually speaking to myself.

I'd never meant to put myself in the ER.

"Listen, Madi."

"Whatever it was that you used on your body, was absolutely no good, honey." He shook his head at me, looking down at what looked like burns on my arms and small patches on my face.

"So there's going to be some discoloration now because of it."

"Plus you had an allergic reaction to whatever it was and the peeling caused inflammation on the new barrier of skin that was coming in." He explained and I sat there in shock at how this small cream could effect me so much in so little time.

I'd never expected it for it to do all of this.

"The good news is, Dr. O, prescribed you an antibiotic for it."

"And using this antibiotic, it should clear up the discoloration and the inflammation within the next few weeks to a few months." He went on explaining and I nodded, listening to his words.

"But outside of that.." He trailed looking into my wet eyes seriously.

"I want you to know that this was serious, Madison." He spoke surely, pulling up a chair to sit in front of me.

"If infected or left untreated, you could have suffered severe skin damage, skin cancer or even died." He said, instantly scaring the hell out of me.

I didn't know that any of this could happen.

I wasn't trying to kill myself, I just wanted to be lighter and make Gi's mom like me.

That was all.

"I didn't know." I spoke, sniffling and he nodded understandingly.

"Do you mind sharing what it was that you used?" He asked and I shook my head no at first.

I didn't have the heart to tell anyone.

"Okay, that's completely fine. If you're not comfortable with sharing, I won't press."