Kingdom Come

I groaned softly and felt something soft under me. I opened my eyes slightly and saw myself and the ninja above warm-orange clouds. I yelped and looked around, panting softly, I realized I didn't fall. 

I blinked blankly and went to go wake up the ninja. "Jay! Cole! Kai! Zane! Wake up!" I shook Kai's shoulder a bit then went over to Cole. Soon, they all woke up and groaned.

"Did.. did we make it?" Kai asked. 

"Looks like it." I looked down and sighed. "Come on. There's a gate. Maybe someone can tell us where the Sword of Sanctuary is." I smiled.

We approached the gate and looked around only for it to open. I looked forward and saw a man walking down the steps. I frowned a bit.

"Welcome to Cloud Kingdom. We've been expecting you." 

We looked at each other with surprised looks on our faces. "How- How are we..." Jay looked down at his feet.

"Standing on a cloud? Easy, in other realms, there are other rules. I'm Fenwick. I've been asked to show you around." Fenwick bowed.

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"Kai. Yes, we all know. You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago." Fenwick smiled.

"Then you know-"

"You've travelled far for the Sword of Sanctuary. A powerful weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack. It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master." Fenwick interrupted Cole.

"Blimey! But how be you-"

"Finishing your sentences? I know. It's rather annoying, but up here we know, let's just say... we know what's going to come next." Fenwick continued smiling.

I frowned more. 'That smile looks fake...' I thought to myself.

"Come, I know Morro isn't far behind. Follow me and I'll explain." Fenwick started to walk away as we followed him deeper into the realm.

I look around more and smile. "This place is beautiful." I mumble softly. We entered a building and monks looked towards us, muttering and smiling.

"I know you're familiar with the few of the realms. Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the 16 realms that exist parallel to Ninjago." Fenwick said.

"16 realms?" Kai asked.

"In this realm, we strive for greater understanding and let go of all distractions. There is no television, no video games-"

"No video games? Hmph, not impressed." Jay frowned.

"It appears all any lad does here be writing." Zane pointed out.

"That is because here our words matter. You see, in Cloud Kingdom, we are the writers of Destiny. It was here that it was decided the Lloyd should be the Green Ninja. And just now, that Zane should have his voice again." Fenwick said.

"I sense my vocal pattern has returned without any repairs." Zane smiled.

"Aw! He doesn't talk like a pirate anymore!" Jay shouted.

"How'd that happen?" Cole asked.

"It was written." Fenwick pointed to the scroll before giving it back to the monk.

"Hey guys! He's writing about Darreth!" Jay went beside another monk but accidently knocked the ink over the scroll.

"Oh, poor Darreth!" The monk said. Jay laughed nervously before going back to the ninja.