The Last Resort

You, Nya and Jay were hiding out at the Police Station for the time being. You were near a vending machine, eating some chips as you stared blankly at the ring on your index finger. "Y/n?" You perked up at the sound of Nya's voice and looked at her reaction.

"Oh, hey." You smiled, finishing the chips and threw away the trash. "What's up?" You leaned against the counter, looking at Nya with a small smile.

"Just wanted to check up on you. Y'know, since the others are.. Yeah." Nya frowned softly. You stared at Nya before gently patting her on the back.

"I'm fine. Well, not really fine. I-- I'm getting slightly worried." You frowned. Nya looked at you with her head tilted. You continued to explain, "Well, ever since we-- the Ninja, got more well known throughout Ninjago. I felt, kind of lacking?"

"What do you mean?"

"Me and Lloyd. We haven't been hanging out as much? Well-- Yeah, of course we haven't, he's stuck in a sword, but before that. Before this whole situation with that Djinn, before all of the fame." You sighed. "I feel like all this isolation between us is going to cause a rift sooner or later."

Nya stared at you before frowning. "You love him, don't you?" You looked at Nya and nodded. "And I'm pretty sure Lloyd loves you just as much. You were there when he was worried that he would fight his dad. And he was there for you when you were grieving your dad. You two have been through thick and thin. If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't worry." She smiled.

You smiled before nodding. "Thanks, Nya." She returned the smile before hugging you tightly. The moment grew short, however, when an explosion occurred and the sirens went off. You looked at Nya before frowning. "Nadakhan." 

You and Nya ran to a backroom in the station and opened the door. "Jay! He's here." Jay frowned but nodded. Soon, the commissioner came. 

"We can't defend you any longer. Have you found a safe house?" The commissioner looked at the two. 

"Yeah. It's--" You quickly covered Jay's mouth.

"No! Don't tell us. It's better off if only you two know." You pulled your hand away and frowned. "You two need to go. Now."

"What? (Y/n), what about you?" Nya frowned worryingly.

"I'm staying to see if I can hold them back. Even if it's for a short while, every second, minute, or hour counts." You smiled. "Don't worry." You pulled back and pulled down your mask. "Go." You turned around and ran off.

~~~

You hid behind a clattered case cabinet as voices rang out. "Find those Ninja and bring 'em to the Captain!" You frowned, assuming that was Flintlocke. 

You inhaled deeply before jumping out. "Right here, sharp-shooter!" You took out your staff and slammed it on the ground, making a huge gust of wind throughout the room as papers and folders flew around. 

Flintlocke glared at you before aiming his gun, and shot a couple bullets, despite Lloyd's wish earlier. You dodged out the way and charged at him. You generated wind around your arms and shot out razor winds towards Flintlocke, making him get launched to the side. 

You let out a huff, glaring at the shooter. "I don't know what the deal is with that freaky Djinn of yours but there's no way you're getting near the other two!" 

"Freaky, hm?" A voice whispered near your ear. You tensed before swinging your staff around, but Nadakhan went up in a puff of smoke, appearing beside Flintlocke and the rest of his crew soon showed up.

You glared at them. "Yes. Freaky." You tightened your grip on the staff in your hands.

Nadakhan glared down at you before flying towards you, drawing out the Djinn Blade. You stepped back slightly. "You will tell me where Nya is." He pointed the blade at your neck.