The Void

-With the Ninja on the rocket ship-

With no gravity, everyone was just drifting across, trying not to bump into anyone. "Is this the greatest thing or what?" Jay asked. "Where are you? We're trapped in space and you... Where did you go?!" Kai asked, "Guys, we're in space. I thought this is stuff only Fritz Donnegan gets to enjoy." Jay said, walking in a circle. 

"Fritz is from a comic book, dude. This is real!" Lloyd yelled, flailing his arms trying to stay right side up. "Well, you got me hooked on the character. Would you lighten up and not step on my dreams of being a real Starfarer just yet?" Jay asked.

"We have to find a way to take control of the ship. If they get the golden weapons back to the Overlord, Ninjago doesn't stand much of a chance." Lloyd said, looking over to kai who head bumped into his side, making Lloyd move across the room.

"But there's no access to the rest of the ship. The only way out is through the same airlock we came in." Kai said. "And if my memory banks serve correct, space has a way of taking one's breath away, in the negative sense." Zane looked out the small circular window.

"Enjoy it while you can, Jay. Because in five minutes, the entire ship is scheduled to lighten up. The supplemental boosters are set to detach." Zane said, looking at a computer. "Uh, I'm a ninja, not an astronaut. What does that mean?" Kai asked.

"The portion of the ship we're currently stationed will soon detach and we will be abandoned in space with it." The computer then received static and the rest of us appeared, "Hello? Kai? Anyone?" Nya asked, "Can you read me?" Nya asked.

"We read you loud and clear." Kai said. I smiled softly and felt Nya put the headset on my head and pull me towards them. 

"Good to hear you boys. We're going to help you get home safe. Pixal was able to find the blueprints for the rocket. You need to escape the cargo hold before it's too late. Near the front of the ship is an A2 storage compartment. Inside are emergency spacesuits." Sensei explained.

"That will be a doozy," Cole lifted his hand and accidentally hit Lloyd in the face, pushing him back. I bit my lip, trying to hold my laughter in, "we can't get the spacesuits unless we go outside. The problem is, we can't go outside without the spacesuits. Any other suggestions?" Cole asked.

Garmadon sighed, "They're completely out of their element. Even if they get through this, what chance do we have of getting them home?" Garmadon said, covering his mic. "Uh, we can still hear you." Kai said.

"Yeah, we could really use some encouraging words right about now." Lloyd said. Garmadon and Sensei Wu looked at each other and shrugged. "If you cannot change your circumstances, change yourself." Sensei said.

"Hm, can anyone else figure that out?" Kai asked, "his wisdom usually takes a while to set in... But we don't have a while!!" Jay shook the screen. "Zane, you're the only one who can survive outside the ship." Pixal said. "She's right. I'm the only one who doesn't need oxygen. I must go alone." Zane said, drifting towards the door at the end of the room.

~~~

18 seconds left

"Come on, Zane, where are you?" Lloyd asked, quietly. I bit my lip and clasped my hands together, 'c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, Zane....' I thought.

Silence.....

"We made it!" Lloyd said. We cheered and I jumped up, cheering. "We have our spacesuits and found one way to change ourselves. At least now we can stay on this ride a bit longer." Lloyd said. "All right, to commandeer the ship, you have to get to the cockpit." Nya said.

"Then you'll find an access hatch just ahead of you." I finished for her. "You know what's also ahead? A desolate void of nothingness. If anyone of us falls off..." Cole trailed off. "We'll take it slow. Together." Kai said.