Chapter 38

James and Jenna wouldn't stop talking about the crazy night for the days that followed. They even talked about it proudly to the guests at the Christmas Ball, retelling the story to anyone who would listen.

    The Potter family always enjoyed the Christmas parties that they hosted almost every year, that it had become their little family's tradition. There were always many interesting people attending the Ball, from celebrated Aurors and important Ministry officials, to famous Potioneers and even a few wizarding authors.

    Mr. and Mrs. Potter couldn't be prouder of their two kids, as they talked highly of them in front of their guests, although they also mentioned how they were a pair of trouble makers.

    Boasting off to everyone as they all gushed over him was probably James's favorite part of the Christmas party each year. Although Jenna's favorite part was near the end and after dinner, when everyone would gather in the Potter Manor's yard, all of them pointing up their wands at the sky and throwing colorful sparks upward, creating magnificent fireworks in the night sky.

     But none of them could deny that the best part of Christmas break was the day after it, when their presents would be laying underneath the hall's enormous Christmas tree. It was probably the only day of the year when James would wake up as early as Jenna, so they could both drag their parents downstairs to open up the gifts.

     They always got the best and most expensive ones from their parents, and a few from their long-distance family members or their parents' friends. Although this year, both James had Jenna had a few more presents than before, sent from their school friends.

    "Ooh, look at this one!" Jenna exclaimed, taking a beautiful blue scarf out of a box which was sent to her from Alice.

    "Aww, it looks so pretty," said Mrs. Potter, who was sitting on a sofa nearby with her morning coffee in her hands. "What's she written on the card?

    Jenna immediately took up the card and opened it up, reading it out loud,

Dear Jenna,

I bought this scarf because it reminded me so much of your pretty hair. The colors are very similar, don't you think? I'm sure it will look really nice on you.

Love,
Alice

    "She seems like such a sweet girl," said Mrs. Potter with a soft smile.

    "Yeah, she really is." Jenna nodded sincerely.

     "What did you send her?" Mr. Potter asked Jenna, while observing the Sneakoscope which Sirius had sent James.

    "I sent all three of my friends identical quills," said Jenna, now opening up her gift from Lily.

    "Oh, yeah," Mrs. Potter nodded at her husband, "they were these fancy and great quills I read about in Witch Weekly. I ordered six of them so James and Jenna could send them to their friends for Christmas."

    Lily had sent Jenna a book about Quidditch, which she really liked. She had already started reading the first few pages of it, hoping it would have some tips that could get her into the Gryffindor Quidditch team the next year. The book turned out to be very useful already as she read on.

    "Remus has sent me a box of chocolates!" James said happily after unwrapping the little box. Peter had also sent him a pair of Dungbombs which James really liked.

    "Marlene sent me some Fudge too, but half of it was eaten already," Jenna said with a chuckle. "I think she got hungry while sending it out."

"Well, I can make some extra Pumpkin Pies this year, if your friend Marlene likes sweets and cakes and such," Mrs. Potter suggested with a smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure she would love that." Jenna laughed. "Honestly, I think she would rather if I sent her pies as a Christmas present."

"What's this?" James suddenly said with a little frown, getting everyone's attention.

"What?" Jenna mused, looking over as his brother picked up another box among the rest.

"It's from Sirius," he said, recognizing the familiar wrapping which Sirius had used for his present. "But why would he send me two presents?"

"Maybe it was meant for someone else and he accidentally sent it here?" Mr. Potter suggested.

"Or maybe," Mrs. Potter started wittily, "you could actually open up the card to see who's it for, before making silly guesses."

"Thanks for being the genius in the family, Mia," said Mr. Potter sarcastically. "What would we do without you and your brilliant mind?"

"You wouldn't last a single day, that's what," said Mrs. Potter sassily.

"Look!" James exclaimed in surprise, staring down at the card with wide eyes. "It's for Jenna."

"What?" Jenna looked over at him in shock. "You sure?"

"Yeah." Jenna nodded fervently, moving closer to Jenna on the floor to show her the card which was stuck on the little box.

Dear JENNY!

Merry Christmas.

P.S: Don't let James see what's inside this box.

"Why would Sirius send me a present?" Jenna wondered out loud. "We're not that close. Besides, I haven't sent him anything."

"Yeah," Mr. Potter gave her a suspicious look, "why would this Sirius boy send you a present?"

"Fleamont," Mrs. Potter said in a warning tone.

"What?" Mr. Potter shrugged. "I'm just curious to know."

"But why has he said 'don't let James see it'!?" James retorted in fury. "Why the hell not?"

"I guess you'll never know," Jenna said evilly before grabbing the box from his hand and running out of the hall.

"Hey! Wait for me!" James yelled before getting up and running after her.

Although Jenna managed to reach her bedroom and slammed the door behind her, locking it quickly before James could reach her.

"Don't be a baby, J.P! Open up!" James kept on shouting and knocking at the door. "What has he sent you!?"

"Don't be nosy, J.P!" Jenna yelled back, sniggering to herself.

With her heart beating loudly against her chest both in curiosity and excitement, Jenna quickly unwrapped the present and opened up the little box.