Chapter 50

They didn't have a Keeper for the game, and they weren't using the Bludger or the Golden Snitch. One team would try to throw the Quaffle at one end of the field while the other tried to stop them, and vise versa.

After hours of playing, Mrs. Potter and James won, having scored the most. At lunchtime, they finally flew down toward the edge of the small lake and got off their brooms.

    "I'm so hungry I could eat a whole Hippogriff," said James with a smirk, dropping himself down on the picnic blanket.

    "Eww." Jenna grimaced in disgust, taking her seat next to him.

Mrs. Potter opened up the basket which was under the effects of the Undetectable Extension Charm, and placed the brooms and the Quaffle back inside it. She then took out the wrapped up sandwiches, handing one to everyone.

   "Mickey's made a few extra ones too, in case you wanted more," said Mrs. Potter, pulling out a big flask of lemonade which had been kept cold with magic, and then poured them all some of it in four separate glasses.

     The cool lemonade was exactly what Jenna needed in that warm weather of the summer and after hours of playing Quidditch.

     "This tastes great!" said James with his mouth full, after taking a large bite of the sandwich.

     "So, have you kids thought about going for Quidditch tryouts this year?" Mr. Potter asked. "First years aren't allowed on the team, but now that you're starting your second year, you should definitely give it a go. I really recommend playing as the Beater. It's the best spot."

     "I don't think they'll be holding tryouts this year, Dad," said Jenna, giving a little shrug.

     "Why not?"

      "Because the Gryffindor Captain is the same as last year," Jenna explained. "He'd probably want to go with his old team."

      "Actually," James started, swallowing the food before going on, "their Seeker was in his seventh year last year, so he's already graduated from Hogwarts. The captain will probably be holding tryouts just for the Seeker spot in the upcoming year. I want to sign my name up for the tryouts, when we go back to Hogwarts."

     Jenna felt a spark of excitement rush down her spine and her eyes widened. "I wanna go for it, then! I'd love to play Seeker! It's one of my favorite spots!"

    James scoffed. "You won't stand a chance."

     "Excuse you?" Jenna frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

      "I'm obviously the better flyer," said James, smirking arrogantly at her. "Between the two of us, if the Captain had to choose, he would definitely go for me."

     "Says who?"

     "Says me."

      "We'll see," said Jenna, now returning the over-confident smirk, "we'll both sign up for the tryouts, and see whose better."

    James grinned at her mockingly. "Sure. Dream on, J.P."

     Gritting her teeth together, Jenna placed down her sandwich on the blanket, and then, before James could react, she leaned over the lake and splashed the water at James.

    "Aargh!" James yelped, his eyes widening as his head went soak. "No! My hair!"

     Jenna snorted, but then she started roaring in laughter at the look on his face. James turned his deadly glare on her, and if looks could kill, she would be six feet under the ground.

    "I'll kill you!" James shot to his feet, but Jenna was quick to go up and make a run for it, James chasing after her.

     "Oh, for Godric's sake..." Mrs. Potter let out a sigh and shook her head in disappointment, tired of the twins' usual bickering that had started ever since they had learnt how to talk.

     Jenna screamed in between her laughter and James ran after her through the meadow, their legs brushing against the wild flowers and the tall grasses that had turned golden underneath the beaming sun.

     Jenna let out a sudden squeal as her feet got caught on a little rock she didn't see, falling face down on the ground.

    "Ouch..." she groaned in pain, trying to sit up on the ground as she held her left ankle in pain.

     When James reached her, he came to a stop, glancing down at her ankle in worry. "You okay, J.P?"

     "I-I'm not sure... could you help me up?" Jenna asked weakly.

     James nodded, walking closer to her and reaching out his hand for her to take. But at that exact moment, the look of pain disappeared from Jenna's face and was replaced by a sly grin. And then, before James knew what was happening, Jenna pulled his hand with such force that he fell to the ground.

     "Ouch! You git!" James groaned in pain as Jenna laughed.

     Now both of them started laughing, laying down on their back as they remained on the ground.

     "You're the worst," said James, though he was now smiling.

     Jenna giggled. But she forgot to reply as two butterflies passed above them, flying around each other underneath the glowing sun.

    "Look!" Jenna pointed at them with a smile.

   "There's another one there!" James pointed at a butterfly with white wings that was sitting down on a dandelion.

     But as the summer breeze passed by again, the dandelion was blown away, and so the butterfly was forced to fly away. James and Jenna chuckled.

     "Alice says when a dandelion in blown, you should make a wish," said Jenna, and his brother watched her curiously as she closed her eyes for a few moments, making a wish.

    "What did you wish for?" James asked with an amused grin after she opened her eyes again.

     "I'm not saying," said Jenna with a small laugh as she got up and started running make toward the lake, where they parents were.

     "Tell me!" James shouted, chasing after her again, but Jenna only kept on laughing.

     This was what she had wished for; to be with her family like this forever, happy, laughing, running through the meadows underneath the golden sun while the summer breeze brushed through her hair.