Chapter 100

Author's note

In the original Harry Potter books, when someone uses Polyjuice potion, their voices change as well, unlike in the movies. This chapter is based off this information in the books.

***

The Hogsmeade trip this year was more exciting than any other before, because it was on Halloween. The Villagers had decorated Hogsmeade, its pubs and stores filled with pumpkins and fake skeletons that were charmed to dance around. Honeydukes had even put on the biggest sale of the year on its candies which, to Marlene, was like a dream come true.

And even after the Hogsmeade trip, all the Hogwarts were greeted by one of the best feasts of the entire year in the Great Hall. But what they didn't know, however, was that a greater plot was taking place right at that moment.

Slughorn sat at the front table with the other teachers, oblivious to the fact that a whole bucket of his Polyjuice potion had been stolen the night before by four Gryffindor boys.

It was a quiet prank, not meant to draw a lot of attention, but it was one that they enjoyed immensely.

James had taken Sirius's place, Sirius had taken Remus's form, Remus had turned into Peter, and Peter looked exactly like James for the day.

They each had a flask in hand with each other's hair inside, so they could carry it around all day and sneakily take a sip each time they thought they were about to change back to their own bodies.

Out of all of them, Peter was the one enjoying this prank the most. He was certainly not used to the attention he was getting that day, because he was appearing in the form of James Potter. People kept patting him on the back wherever he went and greeted him, and even a third year girl came to talk to him. Even though he freaked out and just snuck away from her, it still felt good.

James, however, was not happy that four different girls had asked him out to Hogsmeade only that morning, because they thought he was Sirius. This just proved that girls found Sirius much more attractive, and James couldn't come to terms with that.

As for Sirius — who looked like Remus for the day — he certainly took Madam Rosmerta by surprise when he went to the Three Broomsticks and flirted with her the entire time they were there. She definitely didn't expect such new behavior from the polite and shy Remus Lupin.

"Could you stop flirting with every living creature you see?" Remus snapped at Sirius as they were making their way to the Great Hall that night, his voice resembling Peter's. "You made at least two girls think I want to go out with them!"

"And what's wrong with that? If anything, I'm doing you a favor," said Sirius, grinning. The sly grin looked oddly unfamiliar on Remus's face, which Sirius had borrowed for the day.

"I'm not you, Sirius. I don't like dating two girls at the same time," said Remus, as the boys sat at the Gryffindor table. "Call me old fashioned, but when I go out with someone, I want to actually like her first, and be sure that she likes being with me just as much."

"Booo," Sirius said, throwing a marshmallow at him.

"Stop, you idiot." Remus laughed, throwing the same one back at him, which Sirius caught effortlessly.

"Ha! Looks like I could be just as good of a Seeker as Jenny," Sirius said boastfully, but then his glance uncontrollably trailed down the Gryffindor table, where Jenna was sitting with her friends.

His smiled faded for a brief moment as he watched her, unable to look away.

How could someone be so beautiful, and so effortlessly?