Chapter 02

"Oh, Lord!" Mrs. Potter exclaimed, getting up to her feet quickly to try and rid her husband from the jinxed cup, meanwhile James and Jenna were doing everything in their power to hold back their laughter.

When Mrs. Potter finally managed to release Mr. Potter's nose from the jinxed cup, she put the cup down on the table and turned to glare at the twins with her hands on her hips.

   "Did I say how beautiful you looked today, Mother," James said charmingly, but Mrs. Potter's face didn't soften.

"Where did you get the nose-biting tea cups?" she asked them firmly while Mr. Potter was holding his nose in pain which had turned red.

"We don't know what you're talking about." Jenna shrugged innocently.

"Oh, yeah?" Mrs. Potter raised a knowing brow at them before calling out, "Mickey!"

The house elf tiptoed into the kitchen, looking extremely guilty as he had thrown his gaze down. James and Jenna tried to shake their head at the elf in a warning manner, but they knew that their mother's orders counted more than theirs.

"Mickey, where did they get the jinxed cups?" Mrs. Potter questioned, folding her arm.

"Zonko's Joke Shop in Hogsmeade, my Lady," Mickey blurted out but then clapped a hand over his mouth.

"Really?" Mr. Potter asked excitedly, looking impressed. But then his smile faded when his wife shot him a look. "Really — er — really terrible, is what I was going to say," he corrected himself quickly.

"And how exactly did they get there?" Mrs. Potter asked the house elf.

"They ordered Mickey to take them there with Floo Powder this morning, a few hours ago," Mickey blurted out again without being able to stop himself, and James and Jenna face-palmed.

"And what else did they buy?" Mrs. Potter asked. James went pale in the face and Jenna's hair suddenly turned white.

Mickey tried to hold the words back, but they came bursting out. "Two nose-biting teacups, a box of hiccough sweets, and one Frog Spawn Soap."

Mrs. Potter turned to look at the twins, who were both looking down at their empty plates, as if they were finding it particularly interesting.

"I don't know what you two were thinking, going somewhere so far away alone with the Floo Network! It was very irresponsible of you!"

"Mum, we're old enough to go there!" Jenna tried to reason. "We're eleven! We can take care of ourselves now!"

"Two eleven-year-olds aren't qualified enough to look after themselves, given the state of things!" their mother snapped back.

"Dad?" Jenna turned to face her father hopefully for support, but Mr. Potter awkwardly coughed and raised his copy of the Daily Prophet up to his face; this was his way of saying that he didn't want to be involved in the family drama. Arguments always made him uncomfortable.

"But —" James tried to say, but Mrs. Potter cut him off.

"No 'but'!" she said firmly. "Now you'll go up to your room and bring down every thing Mickey said you've bought. No exceptions. This way, you'll learn not to sneak out of the house ever again."

Huffing to themselves, James and Jenna got to their feet and left the kitchen, walking upstairs to get their stuff in disappointment. James took their shopping bag from under his bed where they had hidden it, while Jenna waited for him at the doorway.

"I can't believe she's making us give all our stuff up!" James said grudgingly. "Just they wait until we're of age! We can go wherever we want — why are you smiling?"

James raised a brow at her sister, who unlike him, was grinning and didn't seem too sad about having to give their Joke Shop items up.

With that, Jenna dug into her pocket and took out a set of Dungbombs. "I nicked these when Mickey wasn't paying attention. Mum doesn't have to know about these."

"That's genius, J.P!" James exclaimed happily, patting his sister proudly on the back. "Nice one!"

"Okay, let's just give the other stuff to Mum. We'll keep these Dungbombs for a special occasion." Jenna smirked, putting them back in her pocket. "But try to act sad about it, though."

James scoffed arrogantly. "Yeah, obviously. You don't have to tell me."

With that, the two made their way back downstairs to the kitchen with a fake-depressed expression on their faces, but they both knew how to act their part.

"There you go, Mum," said James with a sad sigh, placing the Zonko's shopping bag on the kitchen table.

"We're really sorry," said Jenna, throwing her gaze down in shame.

"It's okay, as long as you never do it again," said Mrs. Potter, her face softening as she let a smile form on her lips. "Now why don't you kids go take your brooms out for a fly? I don't suppose they'll let first years take their brooms to Hogwarts."

"Which is completely rubbish, in my opinion," said James bitterly, rolling his eyes.

"Amen to that," said Mr. Potter, grinning over his newspaper.

So with that, James and Jenna went back to their rooms, taking out their brooms from their closets. But instead of taking them out from their house's front door, they just opened their windows, mounted their brooms, and shot out into the air from there.

They had gotten the whole set of Quidditch balls a few months ago for their eleventh birthday. And so Jenna carried the Quoffle under her arm as she flew toward James, throwing it at him, and he caught it with ease.

Summer was their favorite season of the year, because they would play all day long in the yard with their brooms in the sky, and were severed cool lemonade by Mickey in between breaks.

Some days even their parents joined them in a game of Quidditch, both being on the Gryffindor team in their younger days at Hogwarts.

Just like any other day, James and Jenna busied themselves by throwing the Quaffle at each other, making risky dives to catch it each time.

But then James's attention was caught by something flying toward them from the distance in the sky.

    "Is that an owl?" he questioned and so Jenna turned her broomstick around, looking up at the horizon.

The owl flew closer and closer toward them and at last when it neared them, it dropped the two letters from its beak. Jenna quickly dived in with her broom and caught them both with ease, stopping in mid-air to read the back of the letters.

But her eyes suddenly widened when she realized what it was and so she let out a scream, shrieking, "THEY'RE OUR HOGWARTS LETTERS!"