Chapter 13

Turning around hesitantly, James and Jenna saw an older student walking toward them, his arms folded as he glared at their direction knowingly.

"Nowhere," the Potter twins said in sync, shrugging innocently as they were trying hard to suppress their mischievous grins.

"Well, it's already past curfew, so I suggest you go back to your dorms. We've lost the House cup to Ravenclaw last year and to Slytherin the two years before that. We don't want two juvenile first years ruining our chances of winning this year. So follow the rules and stay out of trouble. You hear me?"

Usually, if someone asked them to leave, the twins would've listened to them and left the mischief for another time. But it was in the way he had called them 'two juvenile first years' that really annoyed them.

"And who are you to tell us what to do?" James asked the older boy arrogantly.

"I happen to be the school's sixth year prefect!" the boy retorted angrily, irritated at James's rude tone. He then looked between the two with furrowed brows. "What are your names?"

"Merlin," Jenna answered with a smirk.

The boy turned to look at her sharply. Now the whole common room had their eyes on them, some really amused by the wit of the two eleven-year-olds.

"You think you're funny, do you?" The sixth year boy asked her.

"Aww, you think so too? Thanks!" Jenna said cheerfully, and James snorted with laughter.

"Up to your dormitories, now! Go before I call Professor McGonagall!" the prefect said furiously, and so the twins sighed in frustration, making their way over the staircase.

James rolled his eyes. "Who made him the king of the world?"

"I heard that!" the boy called out.

"Well, he said it out loud, didn't he?" Jenna answered back wittily and the two sniggered before parting ways, walking up to their separated dorms.

      Jenna was tired anyway so she didn't mind that their detour over the castle was postponed to another time. For now, all she wanted to do was to change into her starry pajamas and get to into her cozy bed beside the window and watch the sky until she could fall asleep.

     She wasn't expecting to have another spat with someone for the second time in one night. But all her peaceful and relaxing plans for the evening were soon ruined. Because when Jenna went back upstairs into their dorm, she saw the girl with blonde hair now sitting on the bed beside the window which she had chosen.

      She couldn't believe the audacity of that girl, as she was laying on the four-poster with her back leaned against the headboard, eating sweets rapidly out of a box in her hands.

     "Oi!" Jenna almost yelled as she paced angrily toward the bed with her arms folded. "That's my bunk, bitch!"

     Lily Evans and Alice Fortescue — who were in a corner, talking about their upcoming classes — both let out a loud gasp, turning over to look at Jenna with shock.

     "Oh, relax," Jenna rolled her eyes, "it's not like I said the F word!"

     She then turned back to look at the blonde girl, who was staring back at her with a look of confusion and anger splattered across her face.

    "I got here first!" said the blonde girl with her mouth still full of candy, before she finally swallowed it.

     "No," Jenna said stubbornly, "I was here first. Didn't you see the cloak I had left on the bed? It meant that the bed was already taken!"

     But when Jenna looked down, she saw that the girl had simply tossed her cloak on the floor bellow the bed. And then, with the feeling of annoyance surging up within her, her hair started getting red as Jenna glared back at the girl.

     "Oh, come on, it's our first night here! We shouldn't be fighting," Alice suddenly said, walking forward briskly and placing a soft hand on Jenna's shoulder.

     "Right. Sorry," Jenna mumbled under her breath bitterly, shaking her head to turn it back to blue. "I guess Gryffindors should stick together."

     "Fine. You have it. Whatever." The blonde girl finally let out a loud huff and grumpily got off the bed as she kept glaring at Jenna.

Even though the girl wouldn't admit it out loud, she had freaked out for a second when Jenna's hair had changed color, and so she didn't want to anger her any further, deciding to give up the bed.

     Feeling triumphant, Jenna used the bathroom inside the dorm and changed into her favorite pajamas and finally got into bed, letting out a sigh of relief. Although before she could go to sleep, Jenna quickly got out of bed again as soon as she suddenly remembered something.

      So with that, she briskly took a parchment, quill, and ink out of her trunk and started writing a letter to her parents, so she could take it to the Owlery and send it to them first thing in the morning.

     Dear Mum and Dad,

     James and I both got into Gryffindor! He'll probably send you a letter as well to let you know, but I thought I should write one too, like I promised I would.

     The castle is amazing just like you said it was! The place is so huge and I think the Gryffindor common room is already my favorite place. Not that I've seen many parts of the castle, but it's still the best place I've seen so far.

     We still haven't got our class schedules yet and will receive them tomorrow morning from Professor Mac-something.

     Sorry, I don't really remember her name, but she's supposed to be the Head of Gryffindor House. But apparently she teaches Transfigurations, which is the subject I am mostly looking forward to.

      I'll write to you again as soon as I can and tell you all about our classes. I hope the teachers aren't all as serious as our Transfigurations Professor.

     Lots of love,
     Your favorite kid, Jenna

      She read the letter a second time and then placed it in an envelope before putting it on her nightstand and finally getting back under the scarlet bed covers.

     Jenna already found herself loving Hogwarts so much, even though she had already gotten in a fight with one of her roommates on her the first night here.

      But if there was one thing that both Jenna and the blonde girl were sure of, was that they were never going to be friends.