Chapter 72

Throughout the rest of Christmas break, Jenna slept each night with a smile on her face and woke up the next day with the same smile dangling from her lips. Some mornings she would even find her hair in pink when she woke up, which she had to try and switch back to blue.

     James kept asking his sister why she was acting so suspicious lately, but Jenna always somehow managed to change the subject or shrug the matter off.

     When the holidays came to an end, Jenna was more excited than ever to return back to Hogwarts, and its main reason was to see Sirius again. She hadn't stopped thinking about the kiss ever since it happened, and her feelings toward him had grown much stronger.

     She didn't know what would happen the next time they met at Hogwarts. Would he try to kiss her again? Would he ask her out?

     Jenna daydreamed about seeing him again, picturing his reaction or imagining what it would be like to be Sirius Black's girlfriend. When someone kissed, did that made them boyfriend and girlfriend? Or would he ask her to be?

    All these wonderings lived with Jenna until the day she got to King's Cross station along with her family. Bidding them goodbye, Jenna ran into the train, searching each compartment for her friends. She couldn't wait to tell them exactly what had happened at their Christmas Ball.

    Jenna found Lily and Alice in a compartment, but Marlene hadn't arrived yet.

     "Where is Marlene?" Jenna asked impatiently, unable to stay put.

      "You look awfully excited, Jen," said Alice, giggling. "What happened?"

     "I can't say yet. Marlene needs to get here firs — there she is!" Jenna exclaimed when the next moment the door to their compartment slid open and the blonde girl stepped inside.

    "Finally!" Jenna cried out before jolting to her feet and grabbing a hold of Marlene's sleeve, pulling her in to quickly sit down.

    "What's the matter with you today, Potter?" Marlene retorted, but Jenna had no time to argue.

     "Something happened over Christmas," she said briskly, ready to explode.

    "Yes, we can tell," said Lily, chuckling. "What happened?"

     Jenna took in a deep breath before blurting out, "Sirius kissed me."

     "WHAT!?" the three girls bellowed, all their eyes widening in surprise.

     "When did it happen!?" Marlene asked.

     "How did it happen!?" Alice questioned.

     "Oh, yeah. Forget my question. Answer hers first." Marlene nodded eagerly, waiting to hear the full story.

      "He had come over to our house for our Christmas Ball," Jenna started explaining rapidly, her cheeks hurting from smiling so much. "We were alone in the kitchen, but when we were about to leave, he grabbed my hand and stopped me, and pointed at a mistletoe above us at the doorway."

    "Oh, aren't mistletoes just wonderful?" Alice sighed dreamily.

     "What happened next?" Lily asked Jenna, smiling broadly.

      "Well, he then asked if he could kiss me, and I nodded. So... he kissed me." Jenna laughed uncontrollably as the memory came back to her.

     "How was it?" Marlene asked eagerly.

     "Marlene! You can't just ask someone that!" Lily scolded, but Jenna only chuckled.

     "It was just for a quick second, but it was amazing." Jenna sighed, leaning her back against the seat.

     "So what's gonna happen now?" Alice asked, who was practically gloating now. "Are you two boyfriend and girlfriend?"

    "Dunno," Jenna said thoughtfully. "I don't know how these stuff work, really. What do you guys think about this whole thing?"

    Lily only smiled. "As long as you're happy, we're happy."

***

By nighttime, the Hogwarts Express finally arrived at Hogshead station. Even though Sirius had spent hours in the same compartment with James, Remus, and Peter, he still didn't tell his friends about the kiss, unlike Jenna.

     He wasn't sure of how James would react, and so he wanted to get him into a good mood before breaking the news down on him.

     "So, did you like it?" James asked Sirius as the four boys got out of the horseless carriage to walk into the castle.

    "What?" Sirius asked. Not a moment ago he had been thinking back at the kiss he had shared with Jenna underneath the mistletoe, and so for a second he was scared that James had actually read through his thoughts.

     "The music disc," James explained. "Did you like the songs?"

    "Oh..." Sirius's face fell at the mention of it.

     "What is it?" James questioned with a frown, sensing that something was wrong.

     "I — well — I didn't want to tell you, but — my mother — she —" Sirius let out a sigh before saying, "she threw it out."

     "What!?" James exclaimed angrily.

     "But why would she even do such thing?" Remus asked as the four of them walked into the entrance hall along with the other students, already dressed in their Hogwarts robes.

     "She was mad that I had ran off to James's house, and she doesn't really approve of Muggles, so..." his voice trailed off and he looked down at his feet as they walked on.

     James, Remus, and Peter shared a sad look, but they said nothing else to him. Although as they were walking across the entrance hall, their attention was caught when they heard a group of boys walking in front of them mention Jenna's name.

"...and her hair looks really pretty, too," said one of the boys in that group.

"Oi, you!" James suddenly boomed.

The group of third-year boys turned around, their attention caught. A few others who were passing by stopped as well to watch what was going on.

James walked fiercely toward them with Sirius, Peter, and Remus right by his side, not even a bit afraid that those three Ravenclaw boys were a year older than them and probably knew more spells than they did.

"What's you name?" James asked sternly, his chest puffed out in arrogance.

"Bertram Aubrey. Who are you?" the tallest boy among them asked, who had just been talking about Jenna.

"That's none of your damn business," James retorted sharply. "I heard you talking about my sister."

"Oh, you must be James Potter then," Bertram sniggered. "What's it to you? So what if we were talking about your sister?"

     "Keep talking and see what happens," James growled.

     "What are you gonna do?" said Bertram and his two friends sniggered. He was enjoying making him angry this way, so he saw the opportunity to provoke him further by more lies. "You got this mad only because you heard me say she had nice hair. Wait till you hear that I actually kissed her on the train only an hour ago."