Chapter 92

The first Quidditch game of the season was between Gryffindors and Slytherins; although, that was before the unexpected and horrifying attack on one of the Gryffindor Chaser's family. The news was all over the Daily Prophet the week before the match, and due to the gloomy turn of events, Ravenclaw was set to play against the Slytherins team.

Needless to say, the Ravenclaws weren't happy at all about the recent changes, because they had little to no time to prepare for the game. The Slytherins, on the other hand, could not have been in a better mood.

"This is bunkers." Lily shook her head as the girls were having breakfast in the Great Hall the morning of the game. "People are dying out there. Muggles. Muggleborns. And there are people in this place fighting over a silly game."

Lily put down the newspaper she was reading with a sigh, glancing over at the Slytherin table. Jenna watched her as a frown was formed on her forehead.

"You okay, Lil?" Jenna asked.

"Yeah... it's just that —" Lily pursed her lips together, hesitant with her words. "It's Severus, you know. I talked to him last night while we were studying and —"

"Ugh, why do you even hang out with him? I've been asking that since first year." Marlene rolled her eyes, reaching for another pancake.

"And I've told you since the first year," Lily retorted, "he's my friend."

"What were you two talking about last night, Lil?" Alice asked, already done with her breakfast. She was going through her Charms notes for their upcoming test next week.

"I told him about the recent Muggle attacks that I'd read about in the Daily Prophet last week. And do you know what he said?"

"What?" said Jenna.

"He said they had it coming!"

"What? Is he out of his stupid mind?" Jenna retorted angrily. "Why the hell would he say that?"

"They were killed by the Death Eaters because those Muggles had witnessed them torturing that Squib kid," Alice explained gloomily. "Maybe that's why Snape said that."

"Apparently the Death Eaters didn't want those Muggles blabbing about the Wizarding world," said Lily. "Severus kept saying those Muggles were a danger to our world. Which is just a horrible thing to say, and not true at all! Besides, that's no reason to hurt innocent people. Those Muggles had done nothing wrong! Nothing!"

"Yeah. Not to mention a simple Obliviate would've done the trick," said Jenna.

Right at that moment, the Ravenclaw and Slytherin captains stood up, asking their teams to follow them to the changing rooms to get ready for the match.

"Huh... that's weird..." Marlene mumbled, looking around the Hall.

"What is?" Lily mused.

"Usually at this point every starts cheering the teams on."

"Exactly." Jenna nodded. "The only ones who seem to be in a good mood are the Slytherins."

"Why would they not be?" Marlene scoffed grudgingly. "They're playing against Ravenclaws who only had one week to practice for this game. Not to mention all their families are safe and sound back at home from the Death Eaters."

"Partly because half of them are the Death Eaters," said Jenna, standing to her feet. "C'mon, let's go. All the decent seats would be taken if we go any later. I don't want my view to be the back of some guy's big head."

***

The match was an interesting one. Though the Slytherins had much more preparation, Ravenclaws seemed to on their best game. The score was almost a tie, but even after two hours into the game, neither of the Seekers had managed to catch the Golden Snitch.

     Only when one of the Ravenclaw Chasers was hit by a Bludger did Madam Hooch call for a break. Jenna took this time to leave the field with Alice to use the loo. But by the time they returned to their seats, they were faced by a sight that made Jenna wish she could smack her head head against a wall.

      Sirius and James were sitting on Alice and Jenna's old seats, right next to Marlene and a very annoyed-looking Lily. James seemed to be in the middle of bragging about his natural Quidditch talents and how he could've easily destroyed the Slytherins.

     Lily, on the other hand, seemed to be moments away from smacking James in the head with the book she was holding.

     "Well, well, well! Look who decided to finally show up!" Sirius said loudly, cutting James off in the middle of his sentence. They watched Jenna and Alice as they made their way through the stands and toward them.

     "Hello." Alice gave them a smile, but Sirius was too busy looking at Jenna, already thinking of something he could say to annoy her.

     "Hey, Jenny." Sirius smirked. "Do you like my outfit today?"

      Jenna frowned, crossing her arms. "I like what's underneath it more."

     His mischievous smirk widened at those words. "Ooh, Are you flirtling with me? And right front of your brother? Tsk tsk. Do you have no shame?"

     "I was talking about your seat, you brainless fart!" Jenna snapped angrily, holding her hair back from turning red. "Get up. Now."

     "As you wish," Sirius said, getting up to his feet.

     Jenna immediately regretted saying those words, because now Sirius was standing only inches away from her, his hands in his pockets, his tallness towering over her.

     She hated how tall he had gotten over a single year. She hated him.

     "Admit it, Jenny," Sirius said quietly, with his grin still dangling on his lips, "You act annoyed, but you love flirting with me."

     "That not tr —!"

     "Woah, woah, woah!" James suddenly broke her off, quickly standing up and jumping in the middle of Sirius and Jenna to create more space between the two of them.

     He turned to face Sirius. He looked angrier than Sirius had ever seen him. "This can't go on, mate. No under my watch."

     Sirius scoffed. "What are you even talking about?"

     "This!" James said heatedly, pointing between Sirius and Jenna. "I've seen you flirt with at least five girls in the past day alone. And you've asked three girls out already even though we're not even half way through the term." James shook his head, glaring at him. "I'll make sure my sister isn't going to be one of them."

     "Excuse you, but I'm very much capable of deciding what's wrong and right for myself, J.P. I don't need you to do it for me!" Jenna hollered. She then turned to glare at Sirius. "And you! Your existence alone pisses me off!"

      "You look adorable when you're mad, Jenny. You look like an angry little kitten." Has anyone ever told you that?" Sirius chuckled, stretching out his hand and pinching her cheek.

     "Oh, you've got the nerves to call me a k—!" Jenna yelled, leaping forward to punch Sirius, but her brother was just in time to hold her back.

     "Okay, that's it!" James shouted, still keeping Jenna back from hurting him. "Five inches! From now on, I want five inches between the two of you at all time! You hear me!?"

Sirius rolled his eyes, still grinning. "Fine by me. But it's not my fault your sister can't stay away from me."

     "Ugh! You two are both insufferable!" Jenna huffed out in annoyance, storming away.

She hated that boy more than she'd ever hated anything in her life, and Jenna was sure this feeling was never going to change.