Chapter 98

It was right after breakfast and the four Gryffindor girls were on their way to the Transfiguration classroom.

     "Oh, no... not now." Lily groaned, coming to a stop at the beginning of the corridor.

     "What?" Alice asked, and Lily gestured her head over.

     Following her gaze, Jenna spotted her brother and his friends further down the corridor. Oddly, James was wearing his Quidditch uniform instead of his Hogwarts robes and was holding onto his brand new and expensive broom, leaning into it like a cane.

      As for Sirius, as usual he was wearing neither his Gryffindor sweater nor his robes, and was only wearing his black trousers and white button-down shirt, with its sleeves rolled up and his tie worn loosely around his neck. His back was leant against the wall and his hands were in his pockets, his lips bearing that same old stupid grin as he was telling something to his friends.

      The only normal people standing there seemed to be Peter and Remus. Peter was listening to every word Sirius was saying with anticipation, meanwhile Remus kept checking his watch, seemingly worried that they might be late for McGonagall's first class of their fourth year.

     Usually, Jenna would be glad to see her brother and loved to go ahead and say hello. But with Sirius Black standing right next to him, Jenna dreaded passing by them almost as much as Lily did.

      "Ugh, just ignore them and let's get to class. I'm not in the mood for drama this morning," Marlene yawned loudly, rubbing her eyes sleepily.

      "When are you ever not in the mood for drama?" said Jenna.

      "This is old drama. It's different from fresh juicy drama," Marlene said wisely. "If I hear you two complain about Potter or Black one more time I'll just whoosh myself off the Astronomy Tower."

     "She's right. Let's just get to class. I don't want to arrive late at McGonagall's class." Lily sighed, walking forward with great determination to ignore the boys, denying them even a single glass as they passed them by.

     But of course, it was useless.

     "Evans! Oi, Evans!"

"Oh, for heaven's sake." Lily closed her eyes in misery, sighing after he heard the voice calling after her, with no intention to stop until he had her attention.

     "What do you now, Potter? We have a class to get to." Lily said sternly.

      "Just wanted to ask how your morning has been going." James shrugged innocently, but his grin was saying otherwise.

     "My morning was fine, Potter. Is that all?"

     James chuckled, running a hand through his jet-black. "What's with the rush, Evans? Don't you enjoy my company?"

     "As a matter of fact, I don't," she snapped.

      "Ouch!" James winced mockingly, placing a hand over his chest, saying dramatically, "Have you no compassion for my poor heart?"

     "Have a good day, Potter," Lily said coldly before turning to walk away.

     But James was quick to run after her and stand in front of her, blocking Lily's way and stopping her.

     Alice was watching them with worry, meanwhile Marlene's attention seemed to have been finally caught, her sneaky smile growing with amusement. Jenna, however, decided to remain quiet, afraid to draw attention to herself during this fight and causing Sirius Black to talk to her.