Chapter 93

Saturdays were always the boys' favorite day of the week. James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter would sleep in until noon, and stay awake roaming the castle until early hours of the morning without having to worry about classes the next day. And even if they missed breakfast, they would just visit the kitchen.

It was only two hours before dawn that the four boys returned to their dormitory that night. James was just about to take off his glasses and jump under his covers that he suddenly saw a thick and old book on his nightstand, with a note on top of it.

It was The Quest to the Impossible Magic book, which they had asked Jenna to get from McGonagall's office.

It was the book that could teach them how to become Animagi.

"Merlin's beard! Sirius! Remus! Peter! The book's here! We finally have it!" James yelled out, his heartbeat speeding up with adrenaline.

Sirius and Remus — who had already gone to bed — jumped up and hurried toward James, and Peter ran out of the bathroom only moments later and joined them where they were standing.

"What does the note say?" Remus asked. "That's Jenna's handwriting, isn't it?"

"Go ahead and read it already!" Sirius nudged James enthusiastically. None of them seemed able to contain their excitements.

I need to return this book to McGonagall in one week, so whatever you need, finish reading it until then.

To open it, blow the dust off the book's cover. When you do that, scattered letters will appear on the cover of the book. They are an anagram. The book will open once you solve the anagram and say it out loud.

Please be careful. People have died trying the spells and potions in this book.

- J.P

"Are — are you guys sure this is a good idea?" Peter said, gulping. "People have died doing these things."

"He's right." Remus sighed, looking nervous. "You don't have to do this. It's too dangerous."

"More reason to do it." James shrugged, smirking.

"Yeah." Sirius nodded. "What's life without a little danger?"

With that, James then placed the note down, held up the book, and blew out a strong breath to clean away the dust covering the book.

     Just as they'd been warned, the moment the dust flew off the book, letters magically appeared on the black cover of the book; random letters that were written in red, scattered all over it.

The boys stared down at the letters, trying to figure out the anagram, until James finally said, "What you allow, is what you will continue!"

As soon as the words were said out loud, the scattered words began moving until they fell beside each other in that exact order to form the sentence, and right at that moment, the lock that had the book bound, opened with a crack.

"Wicked!" Sirius said in astonishment, grinning as James opened the book.

The four Gryffindor boys climbed up James's bed, sitting on the mattress as they flipped through the pages, searching for the part which explained all about human transformation; Metamorphmagi, werewolves, Animagi.

Peter had brought a box of cookies his mother had sent him and opened its lid, placing it on the bed so they could all share. The candles inside the room were growing dimmer, but none of the boys felt even an ounce of sleepiness. They were wide awake with excitement.