26

December 31st, 2015

7:00pm

Mahlani

I was currently laying on the couch trying to get as much rest as I could before 9. Today was my album release party and I have been nervous for the past few days. I just want everything to run smooth.

On Christmas, Aubrey did the best job at keeping my mind off everything. After the promise ring surprise, he took me and all of the others to go to a gift drive to volunteer giving out gifts to kids whose parents couldn't afford gifts. Aubrey KNOWS how much I love giving back and helping out the community and that just made my heart smile.

I was deep in thought when I felt a thump on my head.

"Ow what the fuck." I said smacking my lips. I turned around seeing Koi and I grabbed the remote throwing it at her.

"You look so weary, chill out girl. Everything will go smoothly. Come on let's go get you ready." She said as she motioned for someone to walk in the room. "This is Ivy, she's going to do your makeup." Koi said and I smiled and waved at Ivy.

"Nice to meet you." I said. They went up the stairs while I took the elevator. I walked in the room and flopped on the makeup chair huffing. "Damn I'm tired." I said rubbing my stomach.

"Now bitch, you only walked like 3 steps to get in the room." Koi said making Ivy giggle.

"Leave me alone." I said rolling my eyes while Ivy started to prep my face.

After about an hour and 30 minutes, Ivy finally finished my makeup and I loved it. Koi helped me get dressed which took too long because I kept getting tired.

I hadn't seen Aubrey all day which started to get me a little irritated but I tried to remain happy and not let it ruin my mood

I hadn't seen Aubrey all day which started to get me a little irritated but I tried to remain happy and not let it ruin my mood. I was dropping an album for crying out loud, I don't need to be upset. I walked downstairs and saw my mom, dad, brother, and Hailey sitting on the couch waiting for me. They all gasped and I smiled.

"Hey y'all." I said speed walking to them and hugging them all.

"You look so beautiful." My mom complimented while tearing up. Everyone agreed with her.

"Mom please don't cry cause I'll cry." I said sighing and rubbing her back. My dad hugged and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so proud of you." He said making me smile.

"Thank you dad." I breathed out trying to hold back my tears. We made our way to the party room and I looked around completely shocked. The decorations were beautiful.

"Babyyyyy." I heard. I looked and spotted Aubrey and I smiled while he walked towards me. We engulfed each other in a long hug and then I slapped him playfully.

"Now where have you been all day?" I whined.

"I was setting all of this up and making sure it was perfect." He said kissing my forehead.