14

That Same Night

Mahlani

Aubrey had the biggest smile on his face and I just laughed. He started to walk around and greet everyone. As he was doing so, his parents just arrived and I snuck them in without him noticing. I sat them at the table we would be sitting at. After they were situated, I went and greeted everyone as well.

"Hey Koi." I said smiling and kissing her cheek.

"Hey girl!" She said spinning me in a circle. "Look at you glowing and just happy." She said. That's what she thought but I was still battling my own demons...I smiled and nodded. I looked over and saw DeMun. I hugged him.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey sis." He said sitting back down.

"Imma catch up with y'all later." I said walking off to another table. I saw Tory and a few others. I smiled and gave out hugs and I hugged Tory last because I needed to talk to him.

"Hey Tory." I said smiling.

"Whats up?" He said smiling back at me. This man was so fine it's ridiculous..he is so lucky I'm with Aubrey cause whew. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I want you on one of my songs for my album, we'll talk later, I'll call you sometime next week." I told him smiling.

"Alright cool cool." He said sitting back down. I walked to the other few tables and greeted everyone and I went into the front. I grabbed a glass and fork from the table and hit the fork against the glass to get everyone's attention. Everyone stopped talking and focused their attention on me.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming to celebrate Aubrey's birthday. I literally had to force him to do something because he didn't want to do anything." I said making everyone laugh. I grabbed Aubrey's hand and pulled him over to me because he still hasn't noticed his parents were here. "And I have a surprise for you." I said poking his chest. I turned him around and his mouth dropped. I smiled while everyone said "aww". He went around the table and hugged both of them. He was always so busy that he never really got to see his parents especially since they lived farther then where he lived.

I explained to everyone that they could go ahead and order their food and there will be cake later. I went around to the other side and stood by Aubrey smiling.

"Thank you so much Lani." Aubrey said hugging me with tears in his eyes and I rubbed his back.

"Of course, anything for you." I told him smiling. We pulled away from the hug and I hugged both of his parents. We talked for a little bit and sat down at the table. Aubrey sat in the middle while I sat on one side of him and his parents sat on the other. I'm glad I hired a photographer cause I wanted all these pictures. The photographer walked up to our table and asked us to smile. We smiled and he took a couple of pictures before walking off. We then ordered our food and music started to play. I pulled out my phone and recorded me and Aubrey on Snapchat.

"Aubby." I said making him look up and smile at the camera. His kissed my cheek and I ended the video saving it to my memories and posting it. I also recorded everyone and posted it on my Snapchat story. "Are you enjoying yourself?" I asked him smiling.

"Yes this is the best party I've ever had thrown for me honestly. Thank you again baby." He said.

"Of course." I said smiling. I looked over at the gift table and Aubrey had so many gifts. I was just ready to eat and dance. A few minutes passed by and we finally got our food. I started eating while Aubrey conversed with his parents. I didn't want to be a bother so I just kept to myself and ate my food. Once I got full, I stopped and asked the waiter for a to go box. I sipped my wine and took a looked around. I was happy everyone was having fun and enjoying theirselves. Once the waiter came back with some to go plates, I put away my leftover food.

"Aubrey." I tapped his arm.

"Yes?" He asked me turning around.

"Do you want me to put the rest of your food away?" I asked him. He nodded his head and turned back around facing his parents. I put away his food and then I stood up going to Koi's table.

"Koi..did everything go good with the cake?" I asked her.

"Yes, they're about to bring it out in a minute."

"I'm excited to see the look on his face when he sees the cake." I said giggling.

"Me too, it's so cute!" She said making me smile. The lights dimmed and that was my cue to grab Aubrey and bring him to the table in the middle of the room. The waiters brought out the cake with the sparkler candles and I looked up seeing this big ass smile on his face. I chuckled as they sat the cake down. I had a big ass cake made with his face on it with money as the border of the cake. Everybody started to sing happy birthday and then cheered afterwards.

"Thank you." He mumbled kissing me and I kissed back smiling. He blew out the candles while the sparklers continued to go for a little while longer. I made sure Koi recorded everything and got pictures of the cake too. We started to cut cake for everyone and passed it out. I made sure the first piece that was cut was saved for Aubrey. After we finished, I sat down and the table and ate my cake with Aubrey. Aubrey looked over at me and smirked.

"What? Is there something on my face?" I asked placing down my now empty plate.

"Actually there is.. some frosting right here." He said grabbing my face and licking it.

"Aubrey!" I semi-yelled wiping my face with a paper towel while he just laughed. I playfully hit him and rolled my eyes. His body guards were already packing up the car with gifts. Since we would be in New York for another day, Koi was going to take them back to Canada and take them to his house. My gift was in the car and I wanted him to open it tonight. Aubrey and I's song Pick Up the Phone by Young Thug, Travis Scott, and Quavo started to play and I looked at him smiling.

"Oh lord." He chuckled. I grabbed his hand and led him to the middle of the room and we started and singing to it and dancing while everyone smiled and recorded us. Some even joined in. After the song ended, Aubrey and I made a announcement.

"I just want to thank everyone for coming out and supporting me in the surprise party for Aubrey." I said smiling and keeping it short since I started to get shy.

"Thank you guys for coming out. I love each and everyone of you. I would definitely like to thank Mahlani for this and flying my parents out since I don't get to spend that much time with them. I appreciate you baby." He said wrapping his arm around me kissing my forehead making everyone awe. I blushed and hurried my face in his chest. Once he finished talking, everyone started to leave and say their goodbyes. I had Oliver pay for everything in advance, so we were good on that.

We were finally able to leave and I realized Aubrey's parents would be staying for another day as well...I decided that instead of me going I would let them go together..it was the least I could do. I wanted to spend time with him myself..but I'd rather them be together.

"What you thinking about?" Aubrey asked kissing my cheek.

"Nothing." I lied. "I'm just chilling." I said.

"Mhmmmm." He said poking me making me laugh.

TBC....