1

Sunday, September 21st, 2015

Mahlani

"GO BABY GO!" I screamed on the sideline as my boyfriend Kenneth ran the ball. He was in the CFL (Canada Football League) and Ken played for the Hamilton Tiger Cats. I zipped up my jacket cold as hell because this cold ass weather was no joke. He made a touchdown and I jumped up cheering. For some reason tonight I was on the sideline. I really didn't want to be here and I was putting on an act. I was upset at Ken for putting his hands on me after he said he would stop, I was getting really tired of it and trying to do my best at hiding it and acting as if nothing happens. It was the 4th quarter (Hamilton VS Ontario) and they were tied, 23 points for both teams. I was nervous and I started to bite my nails. I was watching Ken playing and a small smile formed onto my face, but that all changed when I saw him get tackled and he clenched his foot in pain. His coach and a few other of his teammates ran over to him and my heart dropped. I ran out on the field and kneeled down making sure he was okay.

"Oh my gosh Ken are you okay?" I asked him as a couple of tears ran down my face. I saw the coach call a timeout. Kenneth raised up and got on one knee and I gasped. Everybody started cheering and I stood up in shock. Someone handed him a mic and he started talking.

"Mahlani, we've been through so much together, we've been together for 2 almost 3 years and I know we've had our ups and downs but you stood by me. You've helped me to become the man I am today and I thank you for that. You are the best woman a man could ever ask for. Will you marry me?" He asked me as tears streamed down my face. I nodded my head yes.

"Yes." I said as he slid the ring on my finger and the whole stadium roared with cheers and claps. He stood up and we kissed and he hugged me. We walked to the sideline while his teammates dapped him up and a few of them hugged me telling me congratulations. For the rest of the game I couldn't stop staring at my ring. Of course the best team won, Hamilton, 44 to 30. After the game I waited on Ken to come out of the locker rooms so we could go because I was really tired and our bed was calling my name. He finally came out and he held my hand as we walked out the side doors close to where the locker was. We were swarmed by paparazzi quickly and I kept my head down as I held on to Ken. They asked a bunch of dumb questions but we finally made it to the car and Ken sped off.

"Congratulations on your win baby." I told him smiling pulling out my phone. I saw my Instagram notifications were blowing up.

@theshaderoom: Kenneth Farrow proposes to his girlfriend Mahlani!

@boss.bitch072: She is so lucky that nigga fine as hell🙄

@obj aww man congrats bro @kennethfarrow

@meggymeg23 my favorite couple😍finally

I read the comments and laughed at some of them. I went ahead and turned off my notifications since I knew that this would be blowing up all night. We finally arrived to our condo and I instantly got out going to the front door unlocking it. I went into our bedroom and instantly went into the bathroom stripping out of my clothes and turning on the shower. I took a brisk shower and I hopped right on out. I placed on a tank top and some booty shorts and instantly laid in bed. Ken was sitting on the floor playing on his PlayStation. I just laid down and scrolled through Instagram and I started getting sleepy. I placed my phone on the charger and on the night stand. I turned over and shut my eyes. I felt the bed dip and Ken started kissing all over me.

"Ken not tonight I'm really tired." I said sighing. He continued to kiss on me and tried to slide my shirt off but I sat up and smacked my lips.

"Man why you being like that? I just proposed to your ass, the least you could do is show me some attention damn Mahlani." He said getting out of bed and walking out the room slamming the door in the process. I rolled my eyes because I wasn't even tired anymore. I decided to call my best friend Koi. She answered on the 3rd ring.

"Hey Mrs.Farrow." She said making me laugh.

"I see you've heard the news. I said giggling and shaking my head."

"Yes I have and I'm so happy for you girl! I know how much you've always wanted to get married since we were little. This means a lot to me too I'm happy you're gonna be happy." She said making me cringe a little bit but I cleared my throat.

"Aww thank you KoKo." I said calling her by her nickname.

"We need to celebrate. You and I, Drake's concert on Friday and his small kickback on Saturday." She said making me squeal because I loved Drake.

"Yessss of course. I love you so much girl." I said smiling.

"Mhmmm I love you too but I'm about to go to sleep I'm supposed to be sleep anyways but I was waiting on you to call me." She said making me shake my head and laugh.

"Okay boo, goodnight." I told her hanging up the phone. I changed the TV to HBO and saw that Sister Act 2 was on. I turned off the lights and got comfortable in the bed. My stomach started to growl so I got up and went into the kitchen to grab a quick snack. I decided on some pineapples. I saw Ken sitting at the island drinking some Hennessy and I just rolled my eyes walking past him. I heard him get up and I felt him grab me. He pulled me into a kiss but I pushed him away because I was still upset.

"I'm sorry Mahlani." He said a she went towards the direction of the guest room. I was shocked that he didn't put his hands on me like he usually did. I was thankful for that and I went back into the room to eat my snack. Once I finished I put the styrofoam bowl in the trash and I made sure to brush and floss my teeth. After that I laid back down in the bed and once my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light...

To be continued....

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter don't forget to vote, comment, and share!!