19

November 21st, 2015
8:37 am

Mahlani

Me and Aubrey were currently headed to our first appointment. I wasn't worried about the OB because I went to her for my other pregnancies before I had my miscarriages. I was just nervous, I'm trying not to stress but I just don't want to lose this baby. If I do, I wouldn't know what to do at this point.

"You okay Lani?" Aubrey asked slightly squeezing my thigh.

"Yeah I'm okay, I'm just nervous." I told him smiling a little and letting out a shaky breath.

"Me too, but everything is going to be okay. I promise." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it making my heart flutter. We pulled into the parking lot. Aubrey came around on my side and opened the door for me helping me get out. Chubbs and Q drove behind us and was following behind us. We walked inside and it was empty, thankfully. Aubrey sat down while Chubbs and Q stood off to the side. I walked up to the front desk with a smile.

"Good morning Mahlani! How are you today?" Ms.Silvia asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" I responded.

"I'm doing great! I just need you to fill out a few things for me and we'll get you in the back shortly." She told me handing me a clipboard and pen.

"Okay." I said walking away and sitting next to Aubrey. I started to fill out the info while Aubrey kept asking me questions.

"So what does this mean?" He asked me pointing to one of the questions on the clipboard.

"I honestly have no idea." I told him truthfully. Once I finished filling out everything, I took the paperwork back to the front desk. As soon as I was about to sit down, my name was called.

"Mahlani?" The nurse said looking at the clipboard. Me and Aubrey got up while Chubbs and Q followed. "Good morning! How are you all today?"

"Good!" Me and Aubrey said at the same time. We walked into the room while Chubbs and Q stood on both sides of the door outside to guard it.

"Okay, so I'm going to check your blood pressure, weight, and take your blood before Doctor Davison comes in does the ultra sound, sounds good?" She explained with a smile.

"Yes, sounds perfect!" I told her smiling.

"Alright dad, if you don't mind, I'm going to steal mom away for a little bit." The nurse said making Aubrey chuckle.

"No worries." He said.

"Alright follow me." She said opening the door. I followed behind her into a tiny room. First she checked my temperature, then my weight, and then she prepped my arm so she could take blood. I didn't really care for needles so when she stuck it in I just stared at it.

"Girl you didn't flinch at all! Most of the patients that come here hate needles." The nurse told me laughing while I joined in with her.

"Needles don't really bother me." I told her laughing a little. After a few minutes, she was finally done and we walked back to the other room after she wrapped up my arm. We went back to the other room and I walked in while Aubrey looked up at me and smiled.

"Alright, so I need you to take off your pants and underwear, and put this over you." She told me handing me a paper sheet.

"Okay." I told her.

"The doctor will be in here shortly." She said smiling.

"Thank you." I told her smiling back and she walked out the room.