30

A week later

Mahlani

Today was the day I'd be finding out what we're having. I honestly didn't care much, but I was still nervous. My stomach randomly bloomed and now I actually look 4 months pregnant, but I'm 6. Still small but it's something.

I talked to Aubrey the other day about the appointment, only because Oliver initiated he call me, and we both agreed on him coming back to Canada for the gender reveal and then finishing up the tour.

Aubrey decided it was best to end the tour after this next month so he could "take care of me and help me out" but I didn't even need nor want his help. He wants to take care of me but never reached out to me to try to fix things.

Oh and did I mention I now have my own personal body guard?? Which is Q. Aubrey was something else.

Snapping back into reality, I realized I was pulling into Aubrey's driveway. He decided it was best if we go to the doctor's office together. I got out the car and opened the door. I honestly missed being here but I seriously couldn't stand Aubrey right now. I got on the elevator, and got off once it reached the second floor. I opened the bedroom door and saw Robyn and Aubrey laid up. I froze and just instantly turned around without a second thought. Tears fell from my eyes as I walked downstairs and right back out the front door.

He didn't even try to come after me...

Wiping my tears, I started up my car and drove to the doctors office. I hadn't seen Aubrey in a week since our argument and "breakup" and this is the shit he pulled knowing how I felt about everything even after the argument. I didn't even realize I was pulling into the parking lot. Snapping out of my thoughts, I pulled myself together and got out of the car. Q followed behind me into the office. A few minutes after I arrived, so did Aubrey. I avoided his gazes and just focused on my hands.

"Mahlani, we can go ahead and get you to the back." One of the nurses said while opening the door. I smiled and silently thanked her, while Aubrey followed behind me.

She first took my blood pressure, blood, and temperature before sending me into the room with Aubrey. I sighed and opened the door getting on the table.

Whole staring up at the ceiling, I could feel Aubrey's gaze on me once again but I refused to say anything to him. A few minutes went by, and he finally decided to say something.

"Mahlani can we please talk?"

"Nope." I replied popping the P.

"Mahlani, I'm sorry please just let me expl-"

"I already said no, don't fucking test me today Aubrey. I'm barely being able to handle being in the same room as you right now. Just leave me alone please." I sighed trying to hold back my emotions. I decided to go ahead and fill out the paper work I was given to distract myself.

"But-" before he could even finish his sentence, Doctor Davison walked in with a bright smile on her face.

"Hello Mahlani and Aubrey." She said making me smile.

"Hi Dr. Davison." We both said in unison, while I handed Aubrey the clipboard.

"Before we get to the exciting part, how has everything been? I know you've been on tour and moving around a lot, so have you noticed anything out of the ordinary?" She asked me, giving her full undivided attention.

"Everything has been fine honestly, of course I've been more tired after performances, but everything is fine. The baby is moving normally, really too much." I said as we all laughed a little. "But other than that, everything is fine." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay that's good to hear, I hope you haven't been stressing yourself because I know you." She said making me chuckle while she put on her gloves.

"I've been stressing a little, but it's nothing major." I relied lying straight through my teeth while eyeing Aubrey.

"Hmm okay." She said not fully believing me. "Well let's get to the fun part. Do you guys want any 3D pictures today?" She asked.

"Yes of course." Aubrey responded for the both of us.

"Okay sounds good." She said as I lifted my shirt so she could apply the ultrasound gel. "So here's the heartbeat." She said as I smiled. I saw Aubrey, probably to show everyone. We decided not to have a gender reveal or baby shower because we're both too busy.

"And....the moment you guys have been waiting for..." She trailed off. Aubrey was standing next to me and grabbed my hand while still recording with a smile on his face. In that moment I just wanted to forgive him, but for the sake of me and my mental health, I just pushed those thoughts away and squeezed his hand. We were here for the baby, not each other.

"Congratulations, you're having a boy." Doctor Davison said as I squealed and Aubrey laughed turning the camera around to his face.

"I knew it!" He said. Doctor Davison chuckled as she started to print the pictures. She explained to both of us that the nurse would come in and do the 3D session and video for us. We both thanked her.

45 minutes later

We were finally done with everything and were currently walking out the Doctor's office.

"Mahlani I-"

"Goodbye Aubrey, I'll talk to you later." I replied walking straight to my car.

"Please take care of her." He said to Q. I got inside my car and instantly went home.

Once I got home, I checked my phone and saw Aubrey sent me the video. I rewatched it and smiled. I looked so happy, and in that moment I was. I sent the video to my family and to Koi. I turned off my phone not wanting to be bothered with any more notifications and turned on my show.

I fixed myself something to eat and sat on the bed binging my show.

To be continued...

Keep in mind I will be speeding things up <3 Comment, Share, and Vote🫶🏾