12

October 24th, 2016

Mahlani

I woke up and checked the time seeing it was 8:30am. I got up and stretched. I was currently at Aubrey's house because I had something planned for his birthday tonight. I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. I quietly went downstairs to whip up breakfast for him. I pulled out the eggs, pancake mix, turkey bacon, and sausage. I pulled out some pans and started to cook. After 30 minutes, I finally finished. I washed dishes as I cooked so I wouldn't have to do it afterwards. I grabbed a bed tray and placed the food on it and decorated it to make it look pretty. I put the drink on there and slowly walked to the elevator. I hardly used it but today I definitely was gonna use it. I pressed the button and waited for it to open. Once it opened I stepped on and pressed the 2nd floor. After a few seconds it stopped then opened and I walked off going towards Aubrey's room. I lightly knocked but there was no answer. I walked in and saw Aubrey sprawled out on the bed lightly snoring. I chuckled and sat the tray down on a chair. I walked over to him.

"Aubrey." I said shaking him. He wouldn't budge. He was a hard sleeper and I was trying to figure out how to wake him up.

"AUBREY!" I said a little louder. I put my head in my hands. I was about to say his name again but next thing I know, Aubrey jumps up and pulls me in the bed with him making me scream. He started laughing and I sat there and stared at him.

"I'm- I'm sorry." He said still continuing to laugh.

"You play too much." I said trying to get out of the bed but he wouldn't let me go. "Let me go!" I demanded. He placed his face in the crook on my neck.

"I'm sorryyyy." He said dragging out his words. "I've been up for a while and I decided to scare you."

"You're lucky it's your birthday." I said as he finally let me up. I grabbed the tray and brought it over to him. "Happy Birthday!" I said smiling. His eyes widened and he looked at me smiling.

"Thank you Lani, I really appreciate it." He said taking the tray away from me.

"Always." I said smiling back. I was about to walk out the room but he called me back.

"Lani, come back here and sit with me while I eat." He said. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Can't get enough of me huh?" I asked sitting next to him and pulling the covers over my legs.

"Nope." He said looking at me making me blush. He closed his eyes for a few seconds to pray then opened them grabbing his fork. "Did you eat already?" He asked me taking a bite.

"No. I forgot to cook for myself." I said shrugging. "I'll be fine." I said waving him off.

"You need to eat. I'm sharing my food." He told me cutting a piece of pancake and putting it up to my mouth.

"Aubrey nooo enjoy your birthday breakfast." I told him pushing his hand away.

"I'll enjoy it even more if you eat it with me." He told me smiling. I blushed and gave in.

"Fine." I said. He held the fork up to my mouth and I ate the piece of pancake. After about 10 minutes we finished eating and I got out the bed grabbing the tray.

"Thanks again." Aubrey said smiling.

"Of course, now get up and get ready. And pack some clothes for a day or two." I said walking out the room. I went downstairs and washed everything. I headed back upstairs to get ready. I took a quick shower and put on something simple.

I let my hair just be natural and I placed on a little makeup. I put on my shoes and double checked my suitcase to make sure I had everything I needed. I walked out the room and walked to Aubrey's room. The door was open and I walked in.