9

Mahlani

I woke up to my phone buzzing constantly. I rolled over and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said in my sleepy voice yawning.

"MAHLANI WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!" Kenneth yelled into the phone. I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath before responding.

"I am at Drake's house with Koi. After the release party I didn't feel like driving all the way back there so we stayed here." I half lied. He chuckled with venom in his voice which sent chills down my spine.

"Next time you stay somewhere..let me know bitch." He said hanging up in my face. I rubbed my hand down my face and tried not to let tears fall. I was so tired of this relationship I was ready to end it all, but I didn't know how. I opened my eyes and checked the time on my phone. It was a little past 10am. I decided to get up and go to the bathroom. I saw a brand new tooth brush and sitting on the counter. I looked in the drawer and saw a new tube of toothpaste. I started brushing my teeth.  After I finished that I looked around for some spray deodorant or some type of deodorant. I looked under the sink and saw a basket of deodorants. I widened my eyes and took it out and used it. I sat it on the counter and washed my face with a brand new face towel. After that I walked out the bathroom and walked out the room. I walked downstairs through the den and went into the kitchen. I saw Aubrey sitting at the island eating breakfast.

"Good morning." I said. He turned around and smiled at me and I returned a smile.

"Good morning. I made breakfast. Yours is on the counter with the foil over it." He told me. I looked at the counter and saw the plate. I walked over to the plate and grabbed it taking off the foil. There was a fork and napkin next to it so I grabbed it and made my way to the island to sit next to Aubrey. I placed the plate down and I sat on the chair. I said a quick prayer then took off the foil and started eating.

"Did you enjoy the party last night?" Aubrey asked me. I covered my mouth before answering.

"Enjoy? AUBREY I LOVED EVERY SINGLE MOMENT OF IT!" I said smiling and swallowing my food. He smiled his million dollar smile before responding.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was kind of last minute but I'm glad it all worked out." He said while typing on his phone.

"Me too. Thank you again." I said smiling while he looked up at me making butterflies occur in my stomach. He smiled back at me.

"Of course." He said. I broke eye contact and continued to eat. We had small side conversations while I ate. I finally finished and threw away my trash.

"Oh shit..I forgot my phone in the room I'm gonna go grab it." I said standing. He was already standing.

"Alright." He said. I hopped off the chair, tripping in the process but before I could fall, Aubrey caught me. "Careful." He said. I did an awkward laugh.

"Thanks." I said staring into his eyes. I broke out of the trance and realized what I was supposed to be doing. "Phone..uh- I'm going to go grab my phone yeah." I said as he let go of me. He chuckled and I went up the stairs and went to the guest room I was in. I grabbed my phone and unlocked it going to Koi's contact. I clicked on her number and put the phone up to my ear waiting for it to ring.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Koiiiiiii, when are we heading back?" I asked her looking at my nails.

"We can head back in about an hour. Me and DeMun are already on the way back over there." She told me.

"Okay, I'll see you then be safe." I told her.

"Always. Bye." She said

"Bye." I said hanging up the phone and tossing it on the bed. If I was being honest, I didn't want to go back. I liked it here. It felt all homey. I was not ready to deal with Kenneth's bullshit. I teared up thinking about the things he would probably do to me. A couple tears fell but I quickly wiped them away when I heard footsteps. I heard a knock at the door.