10

The next morning..

Mahlani

I woke up and saw I was still in the guest bedroom

I woke up and saw I was still in the guest bedroom. I looked around for my phone and saw it was on the floor. I tried to reach as far as I can so I wouldn't have to get up and feel all the pain was in..but I ended up falling on the floor. I yelped in pain and sighed. I grabbed my phone and checked my messages. I saw Aubrey texted me.

Hey, can you come to the studio around 12:30pm?

Yeah! See you in a little white.

I slowly got up ignoring the pain shooting through my body. I went into the guest bathroom and turned on the shower. I brushed my teeth and carefully washed my face while I waited for the after to warm up. I wrapped up my hair so it wouldn't get wet,since it was still straight. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower. I let the hot water hit my skin while it kind of stung in the process. I washed up as quickly as possible. Once I finished I got out and wrapped my towel around my body. I stared at myself in the mirror looking at how disturbing I looked and how skinny I was. I hated my body and the way I looked. Maybe that's why Kenneth kept cheating on me. I shook those thoughts out my head and chose something simple to wear and made sure it covered all my bruises. I put on lotion and deodorant then I put on my clothes and shoes. I put makeup on my face to hide all my bruises and I made sure all of them were hidden. I sprayed on some perfume and and made sure I had my phone and purse before walking out the room. I texted Aubrey that I was on my way. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a granola bar to eat. I then went into me and Kenneth's room to grab my keys off the dresser and grab some shades. I placed them on and I saw Kenneth walk out the bathroom.

"Where you going?" He asked me. I quickly walked out the room and walked towards the front door. I heard his footsteps behind me and he quickly grabbed me wrapping his hands around my neck.

"I asked you a damn question Mahlani." I shook in fear. He tightened his grip around my neck and I started shaking. "When you get back I got something for you." He let go of my neck and I quickly walked out the door not even bothering to lock it. I got inside my car and drove off towards the studio. After about 20 minutes I got there and I got out the car going to the front entrance. I opened the door and waved at the receptionist smiling. I took off my shades before speaking to her.

"Hey how are you?" I asked her.

"I'm good and you?" She said returning the smile.

"I'm good thank you." I said walking down the hall to where the studio was. I saw the lights were off and I looked around confused. I called Aubrey.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey I'm here but I don't see you guys in the studio." I said confused.