11

Mahlani

A week later, October 16th, 2015

It's been a couple weeks since the incident and I've been feeling a bit better but I still feel bad. I got an apartment of my own, of course Aubrey helped out even though I didn't want him to..he snuck and did it anyway. I called my family and let them know everything that happened. I was going over there tomorrow for dinner. Me and Aubrey have been hanging out a lot lately. I was currently at his house and we were snuggled up watching a movie. I was trying not to doze off but I was really tired from staying up all night writing music. I was currently working on a small lil mixtape. My phone started buzzing and I instantly popped my head up checking my phone. It was Kenneth and I rolled my eyes. I declined it and Aubrey laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"Why won't you just block him." He asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and played with my fingers.

"I don't know." I said truthfully. He reached his hand out and I placed my phone in his hand. He did whatever he did and handed me back my phone.

"There problem solved." He said rubbing my head. I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes.

"You're so silly." I said giggling. "Can I ask you something?" I said playing with my fingers.

"Yeah whats up?" He said giving me his attention.

"Can you come with me to my parents house tomorrow for dinner? Koi and D are coming." I said looking at him.

"Yeah of course I'll come." He said smiling. I sighed with relief.

"Thank you." I said laying my head on his chest. I started to slowly fall asleep. I felt myself being picked up and I started to panic.

"Relax Lani, it's just me. I won't hurt you." Aubrey said making me calm down. I sighed with relief. He took me to the guest room and placed me in the bed.

"Goodnight Lani." He said about to walk out.

"Wait." I said. He stopped and turned around looking at me. "Can you stay with me." I said lowly. He smiled and went to the other side of the bed getting in. I snuggled against him and I felt safe. I let myself drift to sleep...

The Next Day

I woke up to an empty bed. I yawned and stretched rolling out of bed. I grabbed my phone and checked the time seeing it was 2:34pm.

"Oh my God." I mumbled. I never slept that late before. I must've been really really tired. The dinner was at 5. I went to the bathroom and did my normal hygiene routine. I then walked out the room looking around for Aubrey. I didn't see him anywhere upstairs so I went downstairs. I saw him sitting on the couch talking to 40. Aubrey looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey Lani." He said patting the empty seat next to him. I smiled and walked over by him sitting down.

"Hey Aubrey and 40." I said smiling at 40.

"Wassup superstar." 40 said making us laugh. They finished up their conversation and 40 ended up leaving.

"The dinner is at 5 so we need to go ahead and get ready so we can make it there on time especially since they live an hour away from here." I said walking towards the stairs with Aubrey following behind me.

"Alright." He said. I went back to the guest room and turned on the shower. I grabbed my outfit out of my bag and laid it out on the bed. I grabbed everything I needed and went into the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and stepped in the shower. After about 30 minutes, I finally got out and dried myself off. I put lotion on and put on my undergarments. I then proceeded to put on my outfit.