Two Packs, Two Alphas, Two Beta's

The screams of one of the Raptors froze them in their tracks. (Y/N) instantly recognized the cry as Eclipse’s and it was pure terror. She ran back to where they had been standing only a few moments later before Owen even had a chance to stop her. Down below Blue’s group had ganged up on Eclipse, they never took kindly to intruders, Eclipse was trying her best to stand her ground but she was already bleeding from a few spots.
    “They’re gonna kill her,” (Y/N) stated to Owen who didn’t seem to be caring much.
    “If we shoot them, they’ll never trust anyone again,” Owen said sympathetically.
    “You’re just going to let them kill her?” (Y/N) asked, more than a bit ticked off.
    She could see in his eyes that this was hurting him to let this happen especially knowing how much Eclipse meant to (Y/N). But at that moment she was madder at him for not doing anything than she was understanding. She turned back to the fight below her, surprisingly Eclipse was holding her own pretty well against 4 other Raptors. (Y/N) knew what was happening, they were testing her, if she was strong enough to be part of their pack she’d be able to hold her own, if she wasn’t then she could be killed. As if watching this and not being able to do anything wasn’t hard enough for (Y/N), Eclipse looked up at her with fear in her eyes, she was looking for help and protection from her Alpha.
    “I’m so sorry,” (Y/N) whispered, tears creeping into her eyes.
    Then, chaos got even more chaotic, the pack was done waiting to see what Eclipse could do. Bleu stayed back and watched and Delta made the first move jumping on top of Eclipse. Everyone was too caught up in the fight below that they didn’t notice (Y/N) leave her spot and take a stun gun from one of the men who was too stunned by the fight to even fight back until she had the gun. By this time Delta had Eclipse on the ground and was tearing into her back. That’s when Owen noticed (Y/N) with the gun aimed at the tangled Raptors below.
    “(Y/N)!” Owen practically scolded trying to get to her before she pulled the trigger.
    Then she did something that no one expected her to do, she shot Eclipse with the dart and as her eyes began to slip closed (Y/N) looked up at her father.
    “If she’s gonna die, I won’t let her be in pain,” Then she dropped the gun to the ground.
    In an effort to stop her from shooting one of the Raptors one of the men had shot her with a weaker tranquilizer which was now taking its effect, and it took effect quickly. Owen caught her before she hit the metal ground. Someone was in deep shit. . .

    (Y/N) woke up in her bed at home a few hours later, the tranquilizer didn’t have any dangerous effects so Owen had just taken her straight home. It took a moment for her to realize what was going on and where she was. When she finally did she went into a short stage of panic before she realized what had most likely happened to Eclipse. After a few minutes, she walked out to the kitchen/living room area. Owen was sitting on the couch looking at something on his phone but when he heard (Y/N) footsteps he put his phone away and turned to face her.
    “Well, look who’s finally awake,” He joked.
    “What happened?” (YN) asked the last bits of sleep finally starting to clear from her mind.
    “Someone panicked and shot you with a tranquilizer dart,” Owen answered.
    “Well, just for future reference, I don’t like being shot with a tranquilizer dart,” (Y/N) said.
    “Tired?” She nodded her head, “Dizzy?” She nodded her head again, “Wanna sit down?” She nodded her head and walked over and sat down next to him.
    “How long was I out?” (Y/N) asked.
    “A few hours.”
    “What happened to Eclipse?”
    He didn’t answer, he just pulled out his phone and pulled up some security footage from the Raptor pen. She watched the video which showed something pretty extraordinary. After Eclipse had been shot Delta halted her attack on Blue’s command, normally Delta didn’t listen to Blue especially when it involved the possibility of a meal. Delta stepped back to reveal relatively little damage to Eclipse.
    “I’m so confused,” (Y/N) said when the video ended.
    “So was I, until I realized something. At that time Eclipse was the beta of her own pack, Delta saw that as a challenge while Blue was more curious. Blue sees her as an equal so while she commands the others and is challenged by them Eclipse is an ally,” Owen explained.
    “Won’t that cause more problems? Two beta’s?” (Y/N) questioned.
    “Not necessarily. Eclipse looks to you as her Alpha while the others look to me as their Alpha. Two different packs, it was always a theory that two different packs of the same species could get along and even work together as long as their Alpha’s could,” Owen said.
    “Is Eclipse okay?”
    “Oh yeah, she’s fine. They took her out to get her taken care of, she’s back in already,” Owen reassured her.
    Hoskins was gonna have a hay day with this. . .