One Decision After Another

They returned to their little cabin in the woods and lived peacefully for a few days. The latest news coverage spelled it out best. 

"Even with BioSyn valley being officially announced as a sanctuary for the dinosaurs, our decisions regarding the dinosaurs that share our planet are far from being complete. Drs. Grant and Sattler, Ian Malcolm, Claire Dearing, Maisie Lockwood, Owen Grady, and (Y/N) Grady are just a few of the people being called in to make the decision of what will happen to the dinosaurs still roaming free in the wild," The reported spoke.

"I don't care what you say. I'm not dressing up for this shit!" (Y/N) argued with Claire, going back and forth between the connected hotel rooms they had been given to stay in.

"You can not go into court in jeans and a Harley Davidson shirt," Claire scolded.

"Fine, I'll put a jean jacket on," (Y/N) snapped.

"At least try to look nice. Owen, are you gonna help me or not?" Claire asked desperately.

"Try to change her mind? No thank you, I know better than to waste my time with that," Owen laughed.

"Ha!" (Y/N) laughed, pulling a jean jacket on.

"At least put on a shirt without words on it. That'll at least look halfway decent," Claire said, willing to meet her halfway after nearly an hour of arguing.

(Y/N) stared at her for a long minute, "Fine, if it'll get you off my back."

(Y/N) walked back to her room, leaving Claire and Owen alone.

"How did you deal with her all those years?" Claire asked, still partly worked up.

"Because, for the most part, she's just like me. Being that stubborn has kept her alive, she's been that way her whole life, she's not about to change because you tell her to. You never know, she might come around," Owen answered.

(Y/N) switched into a plain dark grey shirt and within the next hour, they were in court. None of them were going to be called to testify that day. Claire would be the first the next day and (Y/N) would be the last overall. (Y/N) dressed similarly the next day and things started to get interesting when it was Owen's turn. They went through the normal stuff, which of the incidents he was involved in, and how he was involved.

"One of your original five Raptors is surviving in the wild today, along with her offspring, correct?" The lawyer asked.

Owen and (Y/N) exchanged a quick glance.

"Five?" Owen questioned.

"Yes. The original four, Blue, Delta, Echo, and Charlie. Eclipse was never legally under your daughter's care as she was not yet 18 at the time," The lawyer explained.

(Y/N) sat up in her chair, looking ready to punch a certain person in the throat.

"Well, if you bothered to give more than a passing glance to any of Eclipse's documents, Eclipse does legally belong to (Y/N), I just had to sign in her place. But, yes Blue and Beta are living in the wild," Owen explained.

"Would you be able to honestly say that they aren't a threat to the natural ecosystem?" The lawyer continued without missing a beat.

"They're dinosaurs," Owen deadpanned, "They are the natural ecosystem, they were here first, it's their world, we're just living in it."

They asked him a few more questions that yielded no interesting information.

"One last question. What do you think should happen to the dinosaurs roaming free in the wild?" The lawyer asked.

"Ever since we brought the first dinosaur back, there's been no good solution about what to do with them. Either way, one species gets screwed over, and someone's gonna be pissed. There's no perfect decision here," Owen answered simply.

After that, it was (Y/N) turn.

"This is gonna be fun," (Y/N) thought to herself.