This Is Bad

(Y/N) and Eclipse ran back to the broken window, nearly slipping on the bits of broken glass that had fallen in and the rain on the floor. (Y/N) leaned out the window to see if she could spot a place where both of them could easily get on the roof. There were small peaks from the other mini roofs of the place and a small ledge that (Y/N) thought she might be able to edge her way along.

    “I got a feeling that we don’t have time for slow and tedious,” (Y/N) thought, looking around for any other way to get where they needed to go.

    She didn’t like the idea that came to her mind next, but if what she thought was happening was actually happening, she didn’t have much of a choice.

    “Eclipse, I need you to do something for me,” (Y/N) said, turning back to her.

    Eclipse made a sad and resentful noise.

    “If I’m right, they need your help. You need to go ahead of me; you’ll be able to get there faster than I can. I won’t be far behind,” (Y/N) explained.

    Eclipse gently nudged her towards the window, wanting her to go first. (Y/N) turned and climbed carefully over the broken glass shards in the window and cautiously onto the slippery ledge. It was a few moments before Eclipse followed, leaping onto one of the nearby roofs. Eclipse looked over to (Y/N) after she had good footing, (Y/N) had pressed herself up against the wall, and her knuckles were white with the force of holding on to the second small ledge.

    “I’ll be fine. Go!” (Y/N) ordered over her shoulder.

    After a moment of hesitation, she heard Eclipse make her way from one roof to another until she was out of sight around the corner. (Y/N) took a deep breath and began to edge her way along the small, slippery ledge. Eventually, she made it to a place where she could get on top of the main roof. She figured she had wasted enough time going slowly on the ledge, and she ran along the top of the roof, nearly falling a few times, but she got where she wanted to go. From where she was, she could see the showdown going down between Owen, Claire, and the Indoraptor; but she was too far away to be of any help. (Y/N) looked around for any sign of Eclipse but found none and began to worry if she might have fallen. But she didn’t have time to worry about that because when she looked back to the showdown, Claire had the laser that, in a sense, controlled the Indoraptor pointed straight at Owen with her finger hovering over the button. It didn’t take her long to recognize the plan, and as stupid as it may have seemed, it was their only chance.

    In a second, the button was pushed, and the Indoraptor rushed toward Owen. He narrowly avoided the creature's claws, sliding down the glass. For a moment, it looked like the plan might actually work, but it was a fleeting moment. As the Indoraptor fell through the glass, one of its claws managed to hook through Owen's shirt and pull him backward onto the ground; just before both of them fell into the room below them, the other hand of the Indoraptor caught on the edge of the glass roof. (Y/N) caught a glimpse of Blue standing on one of the roofs opposite of where Eclipse should have been. As if on cue, Eclipse made the last leap to the roof only a short distance from Owen. But neither of them could do anything; if either of them tried to knock the Indoraptor down, they’d take Owen down too. Blue was still loyal to him as her Alpha and Eclipse knew how bad that would be for (Y/N), and through (Y/N), she was somewhat loyal to Owen as well. They were caught in a stalemate; it wouldn’t take long for the Indoraptor to get Owen close enough to kill or fall the rest of the way through the glass.