Why Does This Stuff Keep Happening?

It took a little bit for (Y/N) and Owen to get started since he could only use one arm in a useful way. Every now and then, (Y/N) would reach over and push him back closer to the wall when he didn’t realize how far he was leaning away. They were about halfway between the site of the rooftop showdown and Maisie’s room door. So far, they hadn’t come across any major problems. Suddenly, there was a loud thump on one of the rooftops behind them. After all the events of the day (Y/N) was on edge, the sudden sound sent a short bolt of fear through her body, causing one of her feet to slip off the ledge. They both turned their heads to see Blue standing on a nearby rooftop. (Y/N) put her foot back where it was and continued along the ledge. She swore something at Blue under her breath.

She rounded the corner to the last stretch to Maisie’s room.

“Oh, God damn it,” (Y/N) said in an overly annoyed tone.

“Of course there had to be a window,” (Y/N) thought.

“That might be a little trickier this time around,” Owen said.

“You didn’t think to mention that?” (Y/N) snapped.

“In the rush of things, it may have slipped my mind,” Owen said, giving her a small grin.

“I’m gonna push you off this roof,” (Y/N) laughed.

She stopped and thought for a moment before speaking again, “Alright, wait for me by the window. Don’t fall.”

“How many times are you gonna tell me that?” Owen asked as she picked up her pace, leaving him behind.

“Until you either fall or get off the side of this stupid building,” (Y/N) called back, stepping over the gap created by the window.

A few moments later, she disappeared into Maisie’s room. Shortly after that, she opened the window, poked her head out, and looked up at Owen. 

“Come on in, the weather’s fine,” (Y/N) joked.

He kept his good hand on the ledge until he had one foot on the open window frame. Once (Y/N) was sure he’d be okay, she started to search the room. She was looking for two main things, something to help put pressure on the wound and hopefully control the bleeding and a phone. 

“We can’t call anyone,” Owen stated. 

(Y/N) gave him a quizzical look, continuing to search the room. 

“We can’t put anyone else in danger until we know exactly what is going on. This operation was supposed to stay under the radar; no one has any idea any of this is happening,” Owen explained.

“Fair point. I guess I’m driving then,” (Y/N) half-joked.

She went through almost all the drawers in the dresser before she found a blanket that would work. It was light and relatively thin but had enough to it that it could work until they got to a hospital. She heard a sound behind her and turned for a moment to see Owen sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall. She looked around and then grabbed a scissors off a nearby table from under the mess of drawings and cut paper. She cut a strip of the blanket off, it wasn’t pretty, but it didn’t have to be, then walked over and wrapped it tightly around Owen’s shoulder. 

She unclipped her gun from her belt again and gave it to Owen before taking off her belt.

“Hold onto that,” (Y/N) said when she gave him her gun.

He checked the gun over, “No bullets?”

“What?” (Y/N) asked, just as surprised as he was, “Oops.”

She tightened her belt around the blanket on his shoulder to keep in place and apply more pressure, earning a short wince of pain from Owen. 

“Where’d your knife go?” Owen asked, realizing that was usually clipped to her belt as well. 

“Um, I’ll explain later,” (Y/N) said quickly.

“Come on; we gotta go,” (Y/N) continued.

She helped pull him off the ground again, and they started through the house.

“What about the Raptors?” Owen asked.

“We can figure that out later,” (Y/N) said; she had an arm around him to help support him, and now that there wasn’t any rain she could already see the blood creeping quickly through the makeshift bandage.

Owen didn’t say anything else, and in just a few minutes, they were outside; there were a few cars left from people who had attended the auction. Something seemed wrong, but (Y/N) couldn’t figure out what it was, and she figured she had bigger problems. Something made her look behind her at the ground, at the roof, then back at the ground.

    “Something’s supposed to be there,” (Y/N) started to think before realization hit. 

    Before she had a chance to say anything, a roar sounded from in front of them. She turned and saw the Indoraptor standing there, a bit wobbly but still just as menacing as ever, her knife still sticking grimly a little over halfway out of its eye. 

    “Son of a bitch,” (Y/N) said in an annoyed, scared, and pissed tone.