Cursed

As soon as they made it into Biosyn airspace they ran into major problems. There was a short argument about who was going to be the one to make it off the plane after the Quetzalcoatlus attacked them.

"You're the youngest and you've got survival training!" Owen shouted over the wind.

"You're dumber than I thought if you think I'm leaving you!" (Y/N) yelled back.

"10,000 feet! Make a decision!" Kayla called from the front.

"Claire is Maisie's mom! She's going!" (Y/N) decided.

Owen knew they didn't have any more time to waste arguing and he wouldn't be able to convince (Y/N) with the time they had left. He told Claire everything she needed to know. 

"What's the plan?" Owen asked, sitting back down after Claire was gone.

"Whatever happens! That's the plan!" Kayle responded.

(Y/N) leaned near him and smacked his arm, "So, the usual."

Then, they crashed into the ice. 

It was silent inside the plane after the crash, it got cold quickly and the sounds of the ice cracking rang eerily through the metal remains of the plane.  

"Holy shit!" (Y/N) exclaimed.

"What?" Owen asked quickly, panic still creeping into his voice.

"What the fuck are we? Cursed or lucky?" (Y/N questioned, in an exasperated tone.

"Both?" Owen suggested.

"How many times has something like this happened to you guys?" Kayla asked.

"Uh, two major events, lots of little ones in there though. Does this open?" (Y/N) replied, pointing up at the ceiling.

"It should," Kayla answered.

They got the hatch open and stood outside of the plane for a few moments.

"That was my baby," Kayla commented.

Then, they began to cautiously and slowly make their way across the ice.

"Where'd you learn to fly?" (Y/N) asked, from behind the two older people.

"Air Force. Legacy on my mama's side," Kayla answered.

"I'm Navy. So, how'd you end up doing this?" Owen commented.

"I was a legit contract pilot for a bit but didn't exactly pay enough to be out here sending money home. So I had a few contracts for the more lucrative, shady show. Honestly, I might be done with this line," Kayla explained.

"Is that why you're helping us?" Owen asked.

"I was there when they handed your girl off to Biosyn. Could have said something but I didn't and when I saw the picture. It isn't enough to do nothing," Kayla answered.

Suddenly, there was a snarling from behind them. They all turned around so quickly that they nearly slipped on the ice, and they were met with the hungry eyes of a Pyroraptor. The Raptor took a few steps toward them, then the ice began to crack even more than before. The dinosaurs glared at them before breaking through the last bits of ice and into the freezing water below. 

"No," (Y/N) said quietly.

They could see the Pyroraptor circle them below the ice.

"Nope!" Kayla exclaimed. 

The three of them turned and ran to the railing area on the edge of the dam. Owen and Kayla made it past the small ice ridge easily but the (Y/N) from the jump to clear it she went through the ice, joining the Raptor in the icy water below. The dinosaur circled her and then went straight at her, she tried to swim back up, knowing she wouldn't make it. At the last second, Owen grabbed her hand and pulled her the last bit onto the ice above. 

"Cursed," (Y/N) said, sitting on the ice, shaking horribly. 

Before Owen could say anything the Pyroraptor jumped back onto the ice, running at the almost immediately. Owen pulled (Y/N) to her feet, running for the ladder, barely making it before the Pyroraptor caught them. Owen pushed her in front of him and into the elevator after Kayla, getting the grate closed just as the dinosaur reached them, snarling at them through the bars, its claws hooked on the grate. Kayla pulled out her taser again and shocked the dinosaur, causing it to stumble back in pain. 

"You good?" Owen asked (Y/N).

"Peachy," (Y/N) replied, rubbing her arms, soaking wet and shaking.

Kayla took off her jacket and handed it to (Y/N), "Here, it might help a little."

"Thanks," (Y/N) said, dropping her soaked jacket on the floor. 

Kayla then handed Owen a beacon device, "We'll find her."