Let The Fall Begin

(Y/N) walked off into the jungle for a while, she wasn't worried about getting lost since she had spent most of her time in the jungle learning her directions with Owen. She remembered the day that Owen decided to teach her how to find her way. 

Flashback:

It had been less than a year since Owen and (Y/N) moved to the island, Owen was working on yet another project, and (Y/N) was bored out of her mind. Normally she would be helping him but this was a smaller project and he didn't need her help with it. It was already starting to get dark and with that came the little fireflies that still managed to mesmerize her, she followed one to the edge of the jungle but stopped there, she knew she wasn't supposed to go into the jungle and she began to walk back towards her Dad. Then something caught her eye from deeper in the jungle, although it didn't look far away, the something was shiny but was different than a firefly. She figured there was no harm in walking a few feet into the jungle to find out what it was. But soon she found herself lost in the dense jungle, no more light to show her which way she had even been going and she could no longer find her way back out. It was dark in the jungle, the fact of all the trees and leaves blocked out most of the light, and the fact that it was nearly completely dark outside made it nearly impossible to see anything. But the jungle also seemed to amplify noise, or maybe she was just that scared, but she could hear the cries of all sorts of dinosaurs and that was what scared her the most, well, everything combined together pushed her over the edge.

She wasn't a kid to cry much but fear was one of the few things that never failed to make her cry, scary movies never affected her but real-life fear was too much for her in most cases. She began to cry out for Owen over and over as loud as she could. Each time she cried out and didn't get a reply she cried harder. 

Owen had noticed her disappearance only one short minute after she had strolled off into the jungle and had begun searching for her, he figured she was fine but just needed to make sure. He had already checked all her normal spots and everywhere else she might have been, when he didn't find her he began to worry, he began to call out for her but heard no reply, then by some chance he managed to catch a whisper of her cries. He grabbed a flashlight off the railing of the porch and began to follow the distant sound. He called out for her but she was too scared and was crying too hard to hear him. He finally found her, a complete mess but perfectly fine.

"Hey, it's okay, let's go back home," Owen said while he wiped her tears away.

He lead her back out of the jungle with ease, the next day he took her back into the jungle and taught her how to find her way.

End Flashback

She smiled at the memory, that day he had chased away her fear and now he was the cause of it, she knew eventually she would have to face him again but she was scared and mad and confused. 

"How could he promise to be the one to protect me and become the one hurting me?" (Y/N) wondered aloud.

She lost track of time and decided to head back to the Raptor pen, knowing he would've left by then, if there was anyone who could make her feel better it was Eclipse. When she arrived there were only a few people there, including Barry and Hoskins. The Raptors were locked up and Barry was talking to Hoskins in by them, she could tell the Raptors were not happy about him being so close when they were basically defenseless. She slipped past both of them, never even acknowledging their presence, and went straight to Eclipse. 

 "Hey, girl," (Y/N) said gently, softly stroking Eclipse's head with her good head.

She caught Eclipse's eyes wandering to her injured wrist.

"It's okay, I'm fine," (Y/N) told her.

After a few moments, Hoskins wandered over to them, she didn't give him the chance to say anything.

"I'm really NOT in the mood to deal with you right now so if you have any sense of survival you'll stay the hell away from me and my Raptor," (Y/N) demanded harshly, never even looking at him. 

Suddenly Barry started giving orders to the men above the pen, and (Y/N) caught the only few parts she needed to hear.

"Code 19. . . Asset out of containment."

She was surprised that this hadn't happened yet in the years she had been there. Barry came over to her after making sure everyone was ready for whatever could happen. 

"You should go home when your Dad finds out there's an asset out of containment he'll be worried, you should at least let him know that you're okay," Barry told her.

"I highly doubt he gives two fucks about what I'm doing or where I am right now," (Y/N) replied.

"Well, he left here seeming pretty worried, but either way you should still let him know," Barry continued.

"Last time I checked, you're not in charge of me," (Y/N) said before walking away.

Normally this would've bothered him but he knew that she was struggling to understand what had happened and what Owen had done, but honestly, he was worried. (Y/N) had trust issues as it was normally but if this continued as it was going she would never trust Owen or anyone else ever again. Little did any of them know, Owen didn't need to be told there was an asset out of containment.