That Was. . . Odd

It all happened too fast to be able to think clearly. The Indoraptor had rammed through the glass and into the display, forcing (Y/N) and Owen away from each other and onto the ground. They had both faced the Indominous but this thing was a whole other level of crazy. It thrashed around in the relatively small display, quickly making it a danger zone. Owen had been trapped by everything that was falling and being thrown around. However, (Y/N) had managed to avoid most of the things before getting her foot trapped under one of the bars of the lights as they fell. The snapping jaws of the Indoraptor were getting uncomfortably close to (Y/N) when something knocked it off balance and took its attention. (Y/N) could see the Indoraptor eyeing something but with all the destroyed decorations she couldn't see what it was. But, it wasn't long before the two creatures were locked in combat and (Y/N) could make out what the other one was. 

"Eclipse, I should've figured,"  (Y/N) thought to herself.

For a second all she felt was relief that Eclipse was safe and the Indoraptor was away from them, then she realized Eclipse was no match against Indoraptor in regular circumstances. (Y/N) braced her free foot against the metal bar and pushed against it with everything until she had enough room to wiggle her foot free. Eclipse had just been thrown away from the Indoraptor onto the ground, bleeding from bite marks around her neck. Owen was still trying to get unstuck but he knew exactly what (Y/N) was thinking.

"(Y/N), no!" Owen half scolded, half begged.

He knew there was no stopping her, even she knew it was a bad idea but something inside her wouldn't let her stand by and let Eclipse die for them. Before she really realized what she was doing she had put herself between the Indoraptor and Eclipse; on her knees with her arms around Eclipse's head, eyes pinched closed. The Indoraptor stopped and pulled its head back, utterly confused by what had just happened, after a few moments it began to slowly stalk around them until it was on the other side of Eclipse. Owen watched from his spot, paralyzed with fear. 

The Indoraptor watched them closely, growling lowly, but its eyes held curiosity. Eclipse took her chance and scrambled back to her feet, (Y/N) following quickly behind her. The two of them standing side by side facing down the Indoraptor was quite a sight. For some reason, none of them moved, after a few terrifying moments the Indoraptor turned away from them, having heard something else it could hunt down. (Y/N) and Eclipse exchanged a glance of confusion, why had a stone-cold killer given up on two honestly easy targets. 

"Are you okay?" A worried and slightly shaky voice called from behind them.

Both of them whipped around, having forgotten about the other person in the room.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay. Did you see that?" (Y/N) said softly, barely turning around before turning back.

She had seen him worried before but there was something beyond that this time. Before anyone could say anything else there was another, more childlike scream from the other room.