We'll Be Okay

Over the next year and a half, most of the teams in the area were disbanded as the dinosaurs were cleared out. Some groups of dinosaurs were allowed to roam free since they didn't interfere with humans. Owen's team was one of the teams that were split up as (Y/N)'s team was more efficient and working in the same area. (Y/N) spent most of her time with Eclipse and on her days off they would disappear into the forest and wouldn't return until everyone had already gone to sleep. Today, they had another mission, and (Y/N) got up early to go find Eclipse in the forest and spent some time together before they had to leave. Eclipse met her halfway through the forest, shaking with excitement.

"Who put a quarter in you?" (Y/N) laughed as Eclipse ran a few circles around her. 

Eclipse got behind her and began to push her forward.

"Alright, alright, I'm going," (Y/N) smiled.

Eclipse went around her and ran deeper into the forest and (Y/N) was quick to pick up the pace to try and keep up with her. Eventually, Eclipse came to a stop, and once (Y/N) caught her breath she finally spotted what Eclipse was so excited to show her.

"Woah," (Y/N) whispered slowly.

.

.

.

Then her phone alarm went off, signaling that it was time for them to leave for their mission.

"Don't worry girl, this should be one of the last ones," (Y/N) reassured Eclipse as they slowly walked back to the cabin.

When they got to the meeting place the rest of the team was already there. 

"You two look excited," Colt commented upon their arrival.

"I'll tell you guys all about it later, for now, what do we got for today?" (Y/N) asked, directing the question to Alex.

"A big herd of Stegosaurus, they've moved too close to a nearby town for the population to feel safe. We'll have to be careful, groups of medium-sized carnivores have been spotted around here a lot lately, most likely drawn to the large amount of prey," Alex explained, he had grown a lot more confident in his knowledge and planning skills.

"What species?" (Y/N) questioned, referencing the predators.

"Allosaurus, Carnotorus, and Baryonyx. They said if we can get them away from the town it would make things easier," Alex answered.

"So, in other words, take care of them now or they'll send us back later for them, got it," (Y/N) responded, looking down at the map of the area on the ground.

"I brought some strong tranq guns for everyone in case we need them and I've got a gun that should do some damage to any carnivores who cause trouble. I've got one for you too (Y/N)," Sadie interjected.

"Good, we'll use horses this time, vehicles might cause too much of a commotion. Now, what's our plan?" (Y/N) asked.

"This'll be one of the biggest groups we've worked with, along with the amount of predators reported in the area, we'll have to be careful about it. Plus we don't know if there are any of the crazy hybrids running around this area that have been all over the news," Layla states.

"I almost forgot about them, I'd imagine if they aren't this far already they will be soon," (Y/N) thought to herself, not wanting to freak the team out by saying it out loud.

In the past few months, reports of hybrids had become more and more common on all the news stations. Somewhere, someone had gotten a hold of a large amount of different dinosaurs and started throwing DNA together like a five-year-old with Legos. At first, it had been contained to one area but lately, they had been spreading all across the country. This had a problem that had been foreseen but there wasn't much that could be done about it until it surfaced and now most branches of the government and military were trying to put a stop to it. 

"We'll have to play it by ear. Our best bet is to lead them back this way, try to stay away from the forest, you'd be surprised how easily a predator can hide," (Y/N) finally said.

"Teams?" Eli asked.

"Alex and Layla and Eli and Sadie. One of you, pick a side, the other will go in the middle, me and Eclipse will go along the side. Colt, I want you in between the middle team and me. Use your earpieces, if something goes wrong with them we'll resort back to the flair guns," (Y/N) ordered, she had gotten used to the fact that Colt would be better as a middleman than always sticking to her. 

(Y/N) took her gun from Sadie, they all mounted their horses, split up, and made their way to the herd. Eclipse raced alongside (Y/N), eyes constantly scanning the area, tenser than she normally was. (Y/N) reached out and placed her hand on her back for a few seconds.

"We'll be okay," (Y/N) reassured.

Although she couldn't seem to shake the feeling of dread slowly filling her.